mattw506

mh871 with SB wont cut

Im at my witts end here. Ive had this cutter over a week and I still havent been able to cut a single thing. I dont know what to do, Im about to give up lol. I downloaded signblazer, and when I try to cut.. Nothing happens. No error messages, just nothing. Any ideas how I can get my mh871 mk2 to cut ( windows 10 )

1 hour ago, mattw506 said:

Im at my witts end here. Ive had this cutter over a week and I still havent been able to cut a single thing. I dont know what to do, Im about to give up lol. I downloaded signblazer, and when I try to cut.. Nothing happens. No error messages, just nothing. Any ideas how I can get my mh871 mk2 to cut ( windows 10 )

I'm not being a smart a$$ but look through the Signblazer topic on this forum. The answer will be there, Baud rate? etc. Try them all.

you using the serial connection or USB? If USB, be sure to have the correct driver installed and the correct plotter selected in the SB setup screen.

Ok, So I got it to cut text. But when I go to put in an image it says something about being a bitmap image and it wont cut. I have tried saving and exporting as SVG, EPS, AI files and in the SBDfiles folder to no avail. lol

You are trying to cut a raster image. You'll need to vectorize the raster(bitmap) image before you can cut it. Just saving an image as an EPS or SVG it doesn't make the image a vector.

• Like 1

Thanks man. How do I go about that? I have Inkscape, Signblazer, Photoshop cs6 and Illustrator ( new version ). Ive been searching and I cant find instructions that will work for me

SB doesn't do it very well, Inkscape does a decent job. Import your image into Inkscape, then select it and choose trace bitmap from the Path menu. The better the image is to start the better the trace will be. Editing the image in photoshop or something to clean it up prior to vectorizing it can help a lot.

lol, this is really getting to me ha. I was able to cut some text pieces. Now, I got SB to recognize the image, and get to the cut screen and when I hit cut, nothing happens. This machine is about to be laying in the parking lot lol. Ive been messing with it and researching, watching videos etc for a week now

You can not cut a raster file. I wish we could. It has to be a vector file. As in just lines,or curves. no graphics.

Do you have multiple colors in the design? If so be sure to have the color you want to cut selected in the cut preview screen. If you post a screen shot of your design and the cut preview screen we might be able to help more.

Thanks Ill do that. Its just black. ( with white in like the background ). Now it wont even do anything when I try to cut text

Here is what I see ( I accidentally deleted the outline of this logo, I need to get on the other laptop and get on AI and make another ). but when I hit CUT, nothing happens. It shows the jobs in the print log, but nothing cuts. idk what to do. Thanks again in advance guys

scrensht.jpg

What port is your cutter on? it needs to be set on the same port in WIndows and in Signblazer cutter setup / output device)

cuttersetup.jpg

yeah, if it won't cut anything now sounds like a setting was changed. Are you using the USB? If so, did you plug into a different USB port on the computer? Once you setup the plotter and get it working, you want to keep using the same USB port. If you change ports you'll also have to change settings in the Cutter Setup screen mb20 posted above.

On 11/30/2016 at 3:04 PM, mattw506 said:

Ok, So I got it to cut text. ----

How did you get it to cut originally? What steps did you take to resolve that issue?

It might be useful in providing a clue as to why you are having further troubles.

Let's take a look at your "Setup" screen, OK?

+1 to the port issue. 

i ALWAYS plug my cutter into the SAME usb port. if i use a different one, sb wont recognize it, i have to go in and change it manually, and even if i start sb with the cutter in the wrong port, then change it back, still nothing. as soon as it is recognized in another port it screws everything up and you have to go into the settings to change it. just DONT EVER plug the usb cable into ANY OTHER port than the one you set it up for and things will run smoothly. 

I totally gave up on USB with the MH --  direct serial with an old Dell laptop that has a serial port. Com1.
 BooYah!