mattw506

Help with x8 and MH871 mk2

I just bought a new / used US Cutter MH871 MK2, and purchased corel draw x8. Im having issues getting it to work. Like when I go to print ( it recognizes US cutter ), and I chose US cutter as the printer, nothing happens. I also have illustrator, and having the same issue. I got this to make merchandise for my tattoo shop, but ive been messing with this thing for a week with no progress. I just finally got the driver installed and the computer to recognize it ( had to disable signature requirement ).. I am using windows 10. Any help to get me actually cutting? thanks guys

pretty sure its not supposed to work that way. corel and illustrator are just to create the images, but you need another program to interface that image with the cutter itself, like signblazer (free), vinylmaster, signcut, ect..

I suggest you get some cutting software. Although it can be possible to cut straight from corel under perfect conditions it's not optimal. Corel and Illustrator don't have adjustments for offset or overcut. Design in Corel or Illustrator and export your finished design to a format compatible with your cutting software. You can try the outdated but free Sign blazer software or buy Vinyl Master, Sure Cuts a lot, Signcut, Flexisign etc. Just make sure the software you choose supports your cutter. 

Thanks, guys. any idea where I can download signblazer? free would be nice, since I just opened a new tattoo shop, and bought screen printing and vinyl cutting stuff. And didnt take out a loan, so money is tight lol. I was talking to someone who uses corel draw to cut vinyl, so I got that one, had I known it wouldnt work for me, Id have saved time and money. I just need something not too expensive / free for windows 10, for cutting small scale cutting

Inkscape can be used to cut as well. although not a true cutting program it lacks a lot of features, and only works via a serial connection, it does allow you to set blade offset and overcut. Signblazer is an easy program to pickup and work with but it does not offer overcut and with a MH, overcut is practically a necessity.

Don't give up on Coreldraw, it's a fantastic program and easy to use! But yes, you'll need a bridge program to take an exported file and cut with your cutter (with the latest versions of Coreldraw - like X6, X7 or X8 - older versions running under Windows XP you could cut directly from Coreldraw without a plugin by installing your cutter as a printer driver). I'd strongly suggest going with SignCut Productivity Pro from http://www.signcutpro.com/webshop/

It's the easiest to use and you can buy a subscription that won't break the bank at first. They offer a free 7 day trial and have a good online chat feature. It also has a macro plugin for Coreldraw that interfaces directly with the program. So when you press the "macro button" from within Coreldraw it automatically sends the file you're working on to SignCut ready for cutting. USCutter has a perpetually licensed dongle edition on sale for $269.99 USD which is a steal of a deal.  http://www.uscutter.com/Vector-Clipart#product_listing=%3Fcurrent_page%3D1%26results_per_page%3D16%26order_by%3Dcategory_product_position%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A58%3A%3AProduct_DELIMITER_manufacturer_id%3A5%26search%3Dtrue%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A58%3A%3AProduct_DELIMITER_manufacturer_id%3A5

SignBlazer is free and in this thread I posted the latest valid links which include the manual. http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/17773-signblazer-elements-downloads-and-other-info/&page=2  It is a perpetual trial edition and can even be patched to remove a registration nag. All that info is in the SignBlazer section of the software section of the forums. It is no longer being developed as the original author has passed away several years ago. It's ugly but powerful and works.

Other software to think about is SignGo Lite or Pro from http://signgo.com/ They have a 30 day free trial unrestricted. SignTools 4 will work too from http://www.signtools4.com/demo.htm will work too and they also have an unrestricted 30 day trial version.

VinylMaster CUT, LTR, Pro or XPT is also one to look at. The CUT version is super basic and inexpensive $59.99 USD on USCutter http://www.uscutter.com/Vector-Clipart but if you want it just to cut files exported from Coreldraw it will work. You can crossgrade (upgrade) to more powerful versions as your funds increase and/or you need a RIP for printing with the XPT version.

There are more too...FlexiStarter (Flexisign Starter), WinPC Sign (Basic or Pro), Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 4 and on and on...cost varies between basic vs pro versions. Flexisign has a pro/cloud version that is super expensive so for all intensive purposes, forget that one...

But in my opinion, if you just want to cut vinyl from Corel in the easiest fashion with the nicest and easiest to understand interface, it's SignCut Productivity Pro.

My only real complaint about SignBlazer is it doesn't have an overcut option, which until recently I never knew how nice that option is. If your cutter has a built in overcut, then you don't need the software to tell it to, but the MH does not and now that I have software with the over cut, I'll never go back. I'm actually using Inkscape to do my cutting now. It's not a true cutting program and is a bit clunky to get to work, but the overcut on it is worth it to me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

My only real complaint about SignBlazer is it doesn't have an overcut option, which until recently I never knew how nice that option is. If your cutter has a built in overcut, then you don't need the software to tell it to, but the MH does not and now that I have software with the over cut, I'll never go back. I'm actually using Inkscape to do my cutting now. It's not a true cutting program and is a bit clunky to get to work, but the overcut on it is worth it to me.

pretty cool though that 8 years after Jerry (designer/owner of signblazer) at how many people still use it and how great it has held up with no updates.  can you imagine if he was still around today developing updates where it would be and how many other companies would have a hard time competing for the price?  hats off to Jerry RIP

• Like 1

agree, it's an excellent program and I'd love to keep using it but the overcut ability really is a necessity, especially with budget cutters.

• Like 2