Soren

Greetings from Salem, Oregon

Hey, new guy here.
I had been wanting to get a vinyl cutter for a while to just make a few stickers to sell on ebay, give to friends and maybe do some flames for my car. So, no serious business plans or high volume stickers and signs. On ebay USCutter and SignWarehouse both have an entry level starter package listed. After going back and forth on trying to decide (google was no help, and I asked USCutter and SignWarehouse why I should buy theirs instead of the other one and both replies were the same of "it depends on what you want" which of course was no help in deciding), I ended up getting the Vinyl Express R-Series from SignWarehouse. So, I hope I am still welcome here. SignWarehouse doesn't have a forum. Since I am a complete newb (although I have been muddling around making a few stickers), I have what is probably may seem like remedial dumb questions. But, I will browse the forums to see if I can find the answers first before asking.

You are welcome here. What you are seeing is the difference in the way the two companies go about supporting the things they sell. The R-series is very similar to one of the cutters at USCutter and most cutters fall into a few general categories so a lot of the tech helps will apply to your machine as well. Try out USCutter for some products and see how they do for you. I have bought from both but I really find the USC team gives me better overall support and at least as good or better value. Obviously I am also a mod but that is a recent development. I am not an employee just someone who has received so much help from the people here on the forum that I stuck around and tried to pay it forward a little to others.

• Like 3

Welcome to the group  soren.....Uscutter for sure all the time for me... If you ever need help on anything i will do my best to help out just drop me a message..same with software questions etc..

soren, howdy.

Keep in mind that cutter operations are virtually unchanged since H-P first developed plotters in the late 1950's.

USCUTTER makes it easy for you to obtain consumables --  and in this business, the vinyl and app tape is their bread and butter.

If you are seeking to make flame decals, I highly suggest obtaining the 10-dvd set from eBay which contains all sorts of graphics that might work for you, including flames, fish, fairies, kanji, spiders, lizards, checkered flags, stick-families, skulls, cars, etc. etc.

MEGA VAULT

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, andygeekboy said:

question @slice&dice

Should I buy these images would I be OK selling them without someone coming after me for copyright infringement etc?

Thanks

Looks like they claim to be original vector files so you should be good to sell the vinyl products made FROM the files. You usually just can't turn around and sell the actual files again and often need special permission to use them as part of a logo.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Looks like they claim to be original vector files so you should be good to sell the vinyl products made FROM the files. You usually just can't turn around and sell the actual files again and often need special permission to use them as part of a logo.

Thanks WG, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Thanks

On 12/1/2016 at 10:20 AM, andygeekboy said:

Should I buy these images would I be OK selling them without someone coming after me for copyright infringement etc?

I use many images contained within this set all the time as part of signs I'm making.

Horse --  Ferrier

Car --  Auto Repair

Kanji - Kung Fu studio

Stick Figures --  Day Care

Turtle / Fish --  Aquarium store

Checkered Flag -- Car Wash

Shark --  Boat lettering

Skull -- Halloween decoration

Butterfly --  Garden center

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, andygeekboy said:

I just bought it, thanks :)

For $50 it's gonna pay for itself quick.

Just keep in mind that some of the stuff in there has weird stray nodes, so always make sure you open the item within node editing and clean up if needed. (they say they are clean, but not all are)

Also, if you want a smile --- open the SwapMeet folder!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

For $50 it's gonna pay for itself quick.

Just keep in mind that some of the stuff in there has weird stray nodes, so always make sure you open the item within node editing and clean up if needed. (they say they are clean, but not all are)

Also, if you want a smile --- open the SwapMeet folder!

Thanks, I took a quick look in there and yup some interesting stuff :)