Ca22

Want to cut through backing

I have a project where I want to cut down the rolls of Oracal 651 to various large shapes, and cut through the backing as well so it's flush with the vinyl. Would the Titan be able to do that?

Graphtec and Summa will do a "Perf Cut" which cuts the vinyl and ever so often cuts the backing but steps back up and then down again creating a perforated backing that you can effectively pop the graphic out of. This is typically done on simple designs in conjunction with a printer to produce easily removable individual "stickers". I don't think the titans (1, 2 or 3) will do it. My cutter WILL do it but I DON"T do it. If I had a printer and was making "Stickers" I possibly would but using this feature cuts into your cutting strip and ends up creating expenses and fiddling around with that more often so I refrain. 

You have to keep in mind that the vinyl is being fed through the machine with pinch rollers in most cases out on the outer edges which if you cut through your carrier sheet completely in between the rollers it will shortly wad up into a large mess. Most of us accidentally experienced this effect at some point in our learning curve. 

• Like 1

Well I don't believe you can do that with any vinyl cutter unless you don't mind damaging the cutting strip and also dulling the cutter blades...

Does,t the graphtec FC. have the ability to cut thru the backing?   Cost will be way more but I think it does that.  The Titan would definitely cut into the strip if you did this as stated above

I know the FC does for sure, Kind of thought the new CE had that option also but may not. Summa does as mentioned but it's hard on the cutting strip.