jackson

Good Software to replace Signblazer

I use scalps4pro from craftedge along with Ai cs6 Love it. wont ever switch to anything else. I used Vm,signblazer etc and well i wont go there. I learned it but umm no thanks..Scalps is easy to learn, work with and navigate in my own opinion..If you want to see how it works live on my pc send me a pm and ill setup a view for you.. You wont regret it lol

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:08 PM, slice&dice said:

What problems are you encountering with SB?

I can't cut anything with bitmap I have some clipart that someone wants me to cut and I can't

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, Primal Decals said:

I use scalps4pro from craftedge along with Ai cs6 Love it. wont ever switch to anything else. I used Vm,signblazer etc and well i wont go there. I learned it but umm no thanks..Scalps is easy to learn, work with and navigate in my own opinion..If you want to see how it works live on my pc send me a pm and ill setup a view for you.. You wont regret it lol

I can't seem to find scalps4pro I can find sure cuts alot

1 hour ago, jackson said:

I can't seem to find scalps4pro I can find sure cuts alot

Scalps4pro is  the short word for Sure Cuts A Lot Pro Poftware.....SCALPS , craftedge.com

18 minutes ago, jackson said:

boy do I feel blonde (no offense to blondes) LOL

I have a trail version that came with my cutter

scalps or?

On 11/24/2016 at 5:26 PM, jackson said:

I can't cut anything with bitmap I have some clipart that someone wants me to cut and I can't

:o

Bitmaps cannot be cut with any cutting software. Those would be raster graphics (with pixels), and ONLY vector files (with paths) are cuttable.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:35 AM, slice&dice said:

:o

Bitmaps cannot be cut with any cutting software. Those would be raster graphics (with pixels), and ONLY vector files (with paths) are cuttable.

ahh thank you

I know you are asking to replace SignBlazer but in my opinion, it makes sense to keep using SignBlazer to CUT ONLY and design in another program like Inkscape and export the design to SignBlazer to import and cut. Inkscape https://inkscape.org/en/ is 100% free (it's open source) and they are about to release a new and powerful upgrade to 0.92 soon. The current version is 0.91.

Though I use Coreldraw and have since version 4 (now on 18), it costs a lot of money. Adobe Illustrator does too of course. But getting your feet wet with Inkscape would easily allow you to feel comfortable in either Illustrator or Coreldraw if you ever got that far. You can design and do so much more (much much easier) in Inkscape than in Signblazer. Inkscape has a learning section on their site too with all kinds of tutorials. YouTube is full of them of course and Lynda.com has a 10 day free trial and an Inkscape Essential Training DVD https://www.lynda.com/Inkscape-tutorials/Inkscape-Essential-Training/418854-2.html?srchtrk=index%3a1 linktypeid%3a2 q%3ainkscape page%3a1 s%3arelevance sa%3atrue producttypeid%3a2

so if you got motivated, you can learn Inkscape within their 10 day trial FOR FREE! Lynda.com is essential and worth every cent if you need to learn software quickly. There are NO vinyl cutting software tutorials on Lynda.com FYI. YouTube generally has plenty however.

Anyhow, perhaps it's time to think about splitting the design and cutting aspects of creation and production into separate (and more powerful) programs?

If you wanted my opinion, for a PAID FOR cutting program, I'd go with SignCut Productivity Pro 1.9x. They are going to release version 2 eventually and it has design and cut components joined together in one program. But it costs money of course and is essentially a subscription service - though you can buy a lifetime dongle edition that won't expire. http://www.signcutpro.com/webshop/

Agree with Chaos. Learn a new program. I use a combo of AI and SignCut Pro1. I bought the dongle for $400 but they now sell the dongle on USCutter for $270. That's a great price for a program that will do all the fancy stuff you can think of as far as cutting. Almost no design at all other than very basic text but perfect to use in combination with Corel, Inkscape or AI. You should be able to design in Inkscape and cut it on your SCALP program without incurring any additional cost at this point.