rcmike76

US Cutter MH1351 MK2 cutter is acting up

I am not even sure how to describe what is going on. I am attaching pictures to show you what the vinyl should look like (Software screen shot) and what the vinyl cutter actually cut.

So here is what I have tried so far to fix this:

Called and worked with tech support from US cutter for an hour.

Reinstalled software

Updated the software

updated the driver

Tightened the belts on my cutter

made sure there were not any extra lines in my files

Changed out the knife holder and it is the aluminum knife holder instead of plastic now.

It is not just this file. I have tried several files and everyone is either overlapping the cuts, moving the cuts and/or not closing the cuts.

Downloaded and used VinylMaster Demo to cut the same file. Both vinyls ended up looking identical. All sorts of jacked up.

I am getting desperate. I have orders to file and I cant do it while this machine is acting up.

vinyl cut bad.JPG

vinyl cut supposed to be.JPG

Could this be a static issue? Have the machine well grounded? 

Although not a cutter issue but with my sheet-fed printing press customers as the air gets colder, making the inside air dryer we see a LOT more static issues with print quality and paper transport. Higher humidity will help mitigate some issues with static electricity.

41 minutes ago, signyouup said:

1. Are the grit roller setscrews tight?

2. Are you pulling the vinyl off the roll before cutting?

The set screws are fine

no the vinyl is still on the roll and feeds through

25 minutes ago, Athena's Gifts and Garden said:

Could this be a static issue? Have the machine well grounded? 

Although not a cutter issue but with my sheet-fed printing press customers as the air gets colder, making the inside air dryer we see a LOT more static issues with print quality and paper transport. Higher humidity will help mitigate some issues with static electricity.

I am not sure how else to ground it. It is grounded to the stand.

If you have orders waiting to go out and don't want to mess around any more, jack up the vinyl roll and slide a graphtec with under it :D

28 minutes ago, rcmike76 said:

The set screws are fine

no the vinyl is still on the roll and feeds through

On this comment- about the vinyl on the roll...Dont let the machine pull the vinyl off the roll itself..Pull ff extra so it free flows with no weight being dragged off the core .If your design is 10" .then pull off 20 etc to let the vinyl move freely without drag..

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

If you have orders waiting to go out and don't want to mess around any more, jack up the vinyl roll and slide a graphtec with under it :D

I am not sure I understand what you are talking about

59 minutes ago, Primal Decals said:

On this comment- about the vinyl on the roll...Dont let the machine pull the vinyl off the roll itself..Pull ff extra so it free flows with no weight being dragged off the core .If your design is 10" .then pull off 20 etc to let the vinyl move freely without drag..

I understand. It is not tight. There is almost always sag in the vinyl as it is cutting until it gets to about 4 feet.

41 minutes ago, rcmike76 said:

I am not sure I understand what you are talking about

Just saying if you are missing out on orders because of problems with a value cutter then maybe time to step up to a known reliable unit.   Most of us that started with a value cutter used it to learn from and didn't take orders until we was comfortable producing a great product.   I am guessing that if you are losing out on orders you are already that far along in the learning curve and know you will keep doing this.  If so read post from Roland, graphtec and summa owners at the incredible difference they experience when they upgraded

• Like 1

Before you panic, change software again.

http://www113.zippyshare.com/d/n1VhEbQn/329121/signblazer_setup.exe

(someone said this link caused their browser to crash, but your computer probably will handle it fine ----  click on the orange Download tab over on the right, not the BOGUS "Install" advertisement in Green underneath the file name!!)

• Like 1