Sign in to follow this  
Athena's Gifts and Garden

B 29 Superfortress Silhouette Request

Hi all.

Google has not been much help for me on this one. I would like to make a decal for my father, he was a radio operator during the 1950's on the B29 "My Gal Sal" out of Wheelus AFB in Tripoli (he was present for the US withdrawal of Libya). I am looking for a silhouette of a B29 that will make a decent vinyl decal set for him to honor his service. The files I have found have been too small to be a useable size. I am hoping that someone on here might have a file that could be used.

Thanks in advance!

Cal did provide a Font Glyph with the aircraft in question  (Letter G = B29) but it's kinda flimsy with very thin lines (see below)

So, I looked a bit and came up with an actual photo of these in the air. Ran the image through VinylMaster vector engine, and the result was quite nice, if I do say so myself! 

Roger that.  (.eps attached)

b29.JPG

b29 flight.eps

b29 flight.JPG

5 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Good luck.

By the way, there are apparently only two airworthy B29's surviving --

FIFI. ( B-29A serial 44-62070 -- tail reg. N529B )

and

DOC ( 44-69972  -- N69972)  -- a real beauty!

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=69972

http://www.b-29doc.com/

That is correct! DOC just recently became airworthy after restoration. They are quite a machine! There are a few on static display....Dad's old bird is one of the survivors on static display at Barksdale AFB  from his days in the 582nd Resupply and Communications wing. He has some great Cold War stories and they also did some things that he still can't talk about today.  

• Like 1