Guest GGallager

Cutting off the edge

Guest GGallager

I've just set up my new Titan2 and looked through all of the info I can find (it came from USCutter with 0 paperwork and info so what I know, I found online). I've set the starting point, but for some reason, it keeps cutting off the edge of my piece of vinyl. I'm using a PC with VinylMaster and feel like I'm wasting a lot of material with my trial end error approach.

Do you have a pen attachment? Always a cheaper alternative to use the pen and a piece of posterboard or butcher paper. It may help you get the bugs worked out. Likely you are not getting the starting point affectively set to zero or possibly misunderstanding the point it will call the zero. I am unfamiliar with the titan. Can you zero the machine out from the keyboard on the machine or only from the software?

• Like 1

I have the titan 2..When you turn your machine on it will do its startup thing,, Once you have your design ready to cut, place your material in the proper locations in your cutter..

Next what you do is push the online/offline button....That will put you in (MOVE  X-Y MODE) ....From this point you are going to tell the cutter where your starting point is,which is basically one edge of your vinyl(THE RIGHT SIDE)...  HIT the LEFT OR RIGHT BUTTONS or  THE UP AND DOWN BUTTONS  to move your blade to the starting point of your vinyl (Which is normally the right side and corner of your material with your vinyl feeding from rear of your titan coming towards you.) Thenhit your ENTER Button...This is your starting point.This now tells your machine not to go past that point to one side and past the top,Its the corner of most top area of your material or design..   Thats only "If you have your design withing the material size you are using"....If you have more questions just ask and ill try to help more...

I use scalps for my software,,and right now i dont remember if VM has directional arrows for which way the material moves out from your cutter ,but scalps does,So check on that cause if you have your design moving the wrong way than what your cutter thinks its supposed to be going, it will cut off the edge of your material.....Where you located? i added photos of my modded cutter with led lights which help 1000%..

• Like 2

On 11/18/2016 at 9:06 AM, Primal Decals said:

20160821_091825.jpg

20161118_085532.jpg

20161118_085521.jpg

Not to hijace, but the lights are awesome, and something I can really use on my SC cutter.  What did you use to do this?  Do you have a pic of the lights themselves when installed?

I got them off ebay.Very simple to install and a major help. i think i got like 16 feet of it .you can use the whole roll powered by the power supply. great seller and will take care of you ..

.The lights were here ...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-LED-Light-Lamp-Strip-5M-Waterproof-300-LED-3528-SMD-Cool-White-DC-12V-/142112530655?hash=item21169120df:g:oR0AAOSwFdtXzTTV

And from the same seller the power supply.. has to be this voltage and amps only..  http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-5-Amp-12V-5A-DC-AC-Adapter-Charger-Power-Supply-Cord-LCD-Monitor-New-/272244662292?hash=item3f630be014:g:GoYAAOSw9VZXOZlM

The strip of leds have lines on it that tell you where you can cut them which was every 2 inches... Just cut on the copper line and then solder the power cord to it and protect the solder part and install with the already applied adhesive that is on the back..make sure to clean you surface with alcohol. they dont get hot and wont fall off either.Completely out of the way.,I did this cause igot tired of trying to use a clip on light etc to see how my cuts were doing during the process..Now its easy peazy to see ...... It is very easy ... ill add more pics after they are uploaded in a sec..

• Like 1

For the left side with the wires. i just temporarily used a 2 sided sticky tape.But since my cutter just got out of warranty im actually going to drill a tiny hole and use a rubber grommet to run my wires thru the side into the case to clean it up...Im so glad i thought of this..

Resized_20160822_191348.jpeg

20161120_142816.jpg

Resized_20160822_191337.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

I got them off ebay.Very simple to install and a major help. i think i got like 16 feet of it .you can use the whole roll powered by the power supply. great seller and will take care of you ..

.The lights were here ...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-LED-Light-Lamp-Strip-5M-Waterproof-300-LED-3528-SMD-Cool-White-DC-12V-/142112530655?hash=item21169120df:g:oR0AAOSwFdtXzTTV

And from the same seller the power supply.. has to be this voltage and amps only..  http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-5-Amp-12V-5A-DC-AC-Adapter-Charger-Power-Supply-Cord-LCD-Monitor-New-/272244662292?hash=item3f630be014:g:GoYAAOSw9VZXOZlM

The strip of leds have lines on it that tell you where you can cut them which was every 2 inches... Just cut on the copper line and then solder the power cord to it and protect the solder part and install with the already applied adhesive that is on the back..make sure to clean you surface with alcohol. they dont get hot and wont fall off either.Completely out of the way.,I did this cause igot tired of trying to use a clip on light etc to see how my cuts were doing during the process..Now its easy peazy to see ...... It is very easy ... ill add more pics after they are uploaded in a sec..

Nice.  I'll go and get some.  Like you, it's hard to see what is going on when cutting.  This will be nice!  Thanks again!

Frank

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.