Sign in to follow this  
racert25

Vinyl Printer and Cutter for labels

I was looking for some advice and average cost per label. I am looking at label printers and also vinyl printers and cutters to do the job. I have a company manufacturing and selling cleaners for boats, cars, rvs, and aircraft's. We have been printing in house with a regular printer but some of our labels fade away. So i need to get labels that are resistant to chemicals and water. I was thinking maybe a vinyl printer and cutter would be more beneficial then a label printer for various reasons but wanted to see what cost per square inch would be. I am looking to be printing 8"x8" labels. If anyone could help guide me to the cost i would appreciate it. 

This is not an easy one to answer......

The fact that you need the label material and imprint to survive water,

various chemicals and sunlight is important.

Your label will probably need an over-laminate to accomplish that.  

AND you didn't mention what type surface the label is applied to.

Some things are better left to the professional label vendors.

A good label vendor will know the proper materials to use and stand behind their product.

:mellow:  Just my 2 cents.

Sue2

Do you have the artwork done- ready to print?  I would be willing to print a free sample for you - so you can see if the Gerber Edge would work for you.

• Like 1

We have done oil labels for several garages around us and special labels for several factories that uses then in chemical mixing tanks. We use a Roland vs540i.  Just like jburns mentioned if you have artwork we send you a sample off the Roland and see if that would work for you. That way see which one would work best. 

On 11/18/2016 at 1:23 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

I would look at the gerber edge for that use

Will the Edge work for apparel transfers?

14 hours ago, jep8fan said:

Will the Edge work for apparel transfers?

They used to make color foils for transfer, but I think they discontinued them-- I don't see them in the catalogs-- besides the plastisol, HTV, and screen methods may be better/

• Like 1