Jenny00gray

Can not get vinyl to come off of transfer paper.

Help! I can not get the vinyl to come off of the transfer paper. I am using cricut transfer paper. It is doing it with glitter vinyl and normal. With the glitter I am using the transfer paper that came with it. I just mailed 20 decals to go on wine glasses any tips of how they can get them off? 

First, press the decal to the transfer paper with a some force to help adhesion. Then lay the decal face-down and peel the transfer paper back flat against itself.

Are you having trouble getting the transfer paper back up off the vinyl once you apply it to it's final resting place? You need to be pulling it off at a flat angle basically fold it back on itself and slide it along so the pull is happening as flat as possible. Here is a pic I found on the net. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.23.15 PM.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Are you having trouble getting the transfer paper back up off the vinyl once you apply it to it's final resting place? You need to be pulling it off at a flat angle basically fold it back on itself and slide it along so the pull is happening as flat as possible. Here is a pic I found on the net. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.23.15 PM.png

If your using Transtape like in the photo, after its applied to your surface,take a light soapy water mix( like 3 drops of dawn and rest water and shake for example 1 quart spray bottle) and spray the design and take your hand and gently wipe the wetness around and then grab a corner and pull like in the picture keeping it as close as possible and pull it back or at an 45* angle.  When you spray the transtape , you should see it start to look more see thru and that lets you know that it is pretty much ready to be removed from the vinyl.

Also make sure your surface has been pre cleaned with Rubbing alcohol or Rapid prep before installing, and its not to cold outside as well...

• Like 1