Jhamelton

Making an image one cut?

Hey all. I'm making some memorial stickers with a plane on them. I got the look right and cut one out on a scrap piece to see how it looked. Is there anyway to get it to just cut the outside image of this plane (I've attached the image.) I don't want to deal with weeding all the detail, just need the look of a plane (silhouette??) I put it in wireframe mode to show the cuts. I'm only doing them one color. I'm learning, but still way new to this. Lol. I'm using vinylmaster cut. Thanks 

IMG_5384.JPG

Not sure what the name of the tool is in vinylmaster but you simply need to select all the objects that make up the aircraft and weld/merge/join them together. If the aircraft is already a single object, there should be a tool to break apart an object. Once you do that you can then select all the pieces and weld them together. That should give you the look you are going for.

First work in wireframe so you see all the detail. Select the plane and take a copy of it and move it off... then from the Curve (menu) click Break Apart and then select the outside of the plane and move that off and send to the cutter.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.