Primal Decals

Help please if possible

Hi everyone,,,i try not to ask for any help on things like this but always offer my help instead anytime i can and try to learn on my own but im stuck in the mud on this,,,,,,,,,I wasnt sure if this was the correct place or not, cause im willing to do it myself with the correct direction of help. but everything i have tried has failed me due to either lack of knowledge or proper resources,,,But anyway my dad(born in 1952) has been placed in charge of trying to make a decal out of the original design of their school logos that are no longer available from the creator.But he has been granted by the school to use them..Long story short, many years ago the school had this design created and years later back then was pushed out of circulation due to it was an indian figure that founded the land the school was on and caused many issues ,So the school made a new figure etc and after many years of debate they contacted my dad to see if they could get the original design made for decal use for only the students of the last year it was allowed which was a class of 48 students,  ,so my dad contacted me and ive scrambled my brain trying to help him and i have struck out,So im looking for help. this is completely non profit but im willing to pay to help my dad if needed for someone to help me on this.I will send the 2 images i need help with to those who can help...   The main image of the Indian seems simple for the pros but the other image of is a tough one.. I cannot locate a high res image only what has been found online..The school doesnt have the file etc to work off of,only what was posted lately by other school members etc from that school....I hope someone can help , i will post the images with what i need or looking for in the next post.. Thank you so very much to everyone..     These are not going to be printed but made into using white vinyl and whatever blacks will be from the vehicle glass etc to make the image work as needed.

My dad sent this to me .. On the Indian ---->"  I Would like to have whole image if possible. If not, then mid-chest all the way across so it shows fingers holding tablet. Tablet is important because he was first to write the Cherokee language."

I was thinking of having him hold the tablet with just a couple letters or something to make it look like letters...

Sequoyah.jpg

14936896_1294400237257529_1761529393_n.png

uewb_09_img0639.jpg

eeeff460d2b8068b0fc11277a1f4f95f.jpg

Thank You Bud.. This is very important to my dad ,There was alot of things that happend back in that year for all the school members and they just a special statue made of this Indian that  has now been placed on the school grounds which was a major fight to have at the school as well...

I might be able to do the colored Circular design now that i have stared long enough at it lol.. MAYBE  lol.. It will be black and white so it can make it probly just a white vinyl decal.. I seen that shutter stock and a couple others have  a similar design but it belongs to the school, so i dont know how anyone else has got their hands on this to sell.. But i promise my dad does have the permission from the school .Im going to let him know about these other sites that are selling it and he can let the school know of it as well.. Could be a problem for these sites lol..

Sorry to appear naive, but I am not really sure what you want or what you expect.  Are you asking for a complete re-design/re-drawn of your pictures?  If so, what are you expecting?  A single color (ie. black) that is easy to weed?

I am new to the vinyl stuff, but not new to graphics.  A little trick I learned in photoshop, which I can take nearly any graphic and convert it to a vectorized, one color item that is not impossible to weed.  Example, I took your photo of the Indian with the tablet, concerted it to black & white.  Next, a trick that I learned along the way when doing this is that it is important to blur the image just a little... it removes a lot of the tiny details (which make weeding impossible).  So I use the box blur, but only a small amount... then lastly I hit it with the photocopy plugin... then use the eraser to clean up the outer areas and such.  Then vectorize it in VinylMaster Pro.  See attachment.  Is this what you are trying to do?

new.eps

new.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning AC - thanks for sharing that short "how-to".  I plan to try it out,

Cal

7 hours ago, AboveCreations said:

Sorry to appear naive, but I am not really sure what you want or what you expect.  Are you asking for a complete re-design/re-drawn of your pictures?  If so, what are you expecting?  A single color (ie. black) that is easy to weed?

I am new to the vinyl stuff, but not new to graphics.  A little trick I learned in photoshop, which I can take nearly any graphic and convert it to a vectorized, one color item that is not impossible to weed.  Example, I took your photo of the Indian with the tablet, concerted it to black & white.  Next, a trick that I learned along the way when doing this is that it is important to blur the image just a little... it removes a lot of the tiny details (which make weeding impossible).  So I use the box blur, but only a small amount... then lastly I hit it with the photocopy plugin... then use the eraser to clean up the outer areas and such.  Then vectorize it in VinylMaster Pro.  See attachment.  Is this what you are trying to do?

new.eps

new.jpg

Yes it it is.. I have tried what you explained and well lol.. no bueno lol..But your on the right path of what i want for sure..thanks for the info

3 hours ago, signyouup said:

Here's my 10 minute try but it's going to take a lot of cleanup. Here's a link to what I did to the image plus a little Gaussian blur.

http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/che-guevara-effect

dude tablet.jpg

dude table.eps

awesome thank you very much...Its a starting point and i  have been looking for ever on how to do this and will save this link and others that offered help...Im glad to learn something once again from everyone...This is why this site is #1....  If i can ever help all of you( In Any other area) lol  dont hesitate to ask..Thanks again..dwayne

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, signyouup said:

Here's my 10 minute try but it's going to take a lot of cleanup. Here's a link to what I did to the image plus a little Gaussian blur.

http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/che-guevara-effect

dude tablet.jpg

dude table.eps

That looks really good; however, I see that as nearly impossible to weed.  Just too many dots.  Cutters go by lines, not dots or pixels.  I don't think you blurred it enough.  That is why I use the "box blur" in photoshop.  If you look at my conversion above, you'll see it is not that much detail, but it won't be impossible to weed either.

On 12/4/2016 at 1:52 PM, SignTorch said:

here's the tree emblem....

tree_emblem.zip

tree_emblem1.jpg

Thanks bud that looks cool. i will give it try and show my dad and see what he says,, thank you everyone for your help and advice.

4 hours ago, SignTorch said:

Holy Crap..Thats awesome bud..I will show this to my dad..Hopefully it will work for him...Thank you very much for the time you put into it,,Can i offer you anything even if he doesnt like it? 

7 hours ago, Primal Decals said:

Holy Crap..Thats awesome bud..I will show this to my dad..Hopefully it will work for him...Thank you very much for the time you put into it,,Can i offer you anything even if he doesnt like it? 

I can take a paypal donation - if that's what you mean - thanks in advance...

• Like 1