Sign in to follow this  
Athena's Gifts and Garden

New from Oregon

Hello all!

I have been lurking on here for a couple months and thought it was time to register. The wife and I are in the process of starting a new business. Our primary function will eventually be a retail plant nursery also offering garden art, custom signs and stickers. I recently purchased a 28" MH Cutter and an entry level swing away heat press from Ebay. We will be concentrating on the signs and stickers until we get to a permanent location for the business.

A bit about us. I (Mike) am a Field Engineer with HP Indigo and also trained on Scitex and Pagewide (formerly IHPS). I was lead R&D tech on the HP T400 InkJet web press through alpha and beta testing. Hobbies are metal and woodworking, ham radio, our dogs, water gardening and home beer brewing among other things. I am a former medic for a medium sized ambulance company (10 years) also have worked in Law Enforcement,  locksmithing and twisting wrenches on most things that move.

The wife (Jeanette) is a long time nurse in both ICU/CCU and Emergency Room, she has also worked in nursing management and education. She enjoys gardening, cooking and craft projects.

I wish to thank everyone on here for the wealth of information provided and hope that I will be able to contribute in some small way. 

"Applaud" "Hand Clap"

That was an excellent introduction.  

I wish all new people would introduce themselves like this.  

Welcome. 

We're here to help whenever you need it. 

Welcome from Idaho. My sister in law is a firefighter in Medford. Great group of helpful people here as I'm sure you have already figured out.

26 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Welcome from Idaho. My sister in law is a firefighter in Medford. Great group of helpful people here as I'm sure you have already figured out.

Is she a structural or wildland firefighter? I know a couple female firefighters from my time on the ambulance in Medford. I might just know her :)

• Like 1

She started out as a wildland but settled into the fire house there in town. Allison Jeffs. 

• Like 1

Too Funny! I'll say high for you next week. She's bringing her rug rats down for the holiday.

• Like 1

Have you seen her kids? Ha ha! That's a wild bunch. She's a good mom but has her hands full. I'll tell her Hi for you.

• Like 1