Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Happy Veterans day

Happy veterans day to all those that served this country.

this one is especially pointed for me as we lost Bill, known to most as mr300's, this year.  Bill served as a marine in Vietnam and took a high powered rifle shot center mass while serving.  Instead of taking disability, after a very long recovery, Bill went on to serve as a detective for many years in NY before retiring.  Bill exemplified the very best qualities that we all look up to  - I was  very proud to have conversed with him over the years and even greater honor to have spent some time with him in person.  I will always think of Bill along with the other vetrans today but he will forever be at the top of the people I admire.  RIP Bill

Happy Veterans Day to all that served!!!

My sons school has a special assembly every year for Veterans. Here he is with his Principal.

IMG_2184.JPG

• Like 3

I also spent time visiting Bill over the years. My thoughts go out for Bill and all our veterans who fought for our country and are no longer with us. We should honor all our veterans for their service. Both of my sons are marines and did tours of duty and are now back in civilian jobs.

• Like 1