Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

e speed +1Vale

Guest gracewriter

Just got my refine and am now setting it up.  The screen on the cutter has this "e speed + 1Vale.

What does that mean?

NO idea on that one...but my ignorance hasn't kept the machine from working fine for over a year so it must not be very important.

I dont pay attention to that. I only set up the speed and pressure and baud rate

Guest gracewriter

Not sure about baud rates and how they are set but...

Having a problem with this.

I did a first test cut using the words, TEST.  It worked fine, (I didn't even have to download any drivers) then when I was feeding the vinyl back and forth something weird happened and the cutter froze up on letting me change the pressure.  So I turned it off.  Now the driver is gone, just dissappeareed and my computer keeps flashing usb dives attached to this computer has malfunctioned, windows does not recognize it. 

In any event, the driver is gone.  I can't figure out what drivers/downloads I'm supposed to download off the support site and the disk that came with the program doesn't automatically boot up when I put it in so I don't know which file I'm supposed to use out of the disk.

Something really weird did happen though as I was feeding the vinyl through the machine, not only did it freeze up on letting me change the pressure, but also it stopped letting me feed the vinly manually.

Hope this makes sense.

Guest gracewriter

By the way I LOVE how straight this thing feeds 24" x 48" vinyl!!!

I was getting all exicted to make the first cut to see if it actually will stay straight before I reported back, but darn it! 

My refine feeds straighter than my Seiki or my brother's p-cut. Almost no drift at all unless I am too lazy to get it right in the first place...which I usually am.

What happens when you push the reset button?

Oh,and btw...the cutter returns to the default baud rate every time you turn it off and on...I suggest setting your baud rate in the SB settings at 9600 and leaving it there.

Guest gracewriter

Baud is set at 9600 on each.

I can now manually feed the vinyl and change the pressure setting.  I don't know what happened but that was around the time I lost my driver.

When I set everything up, the driver was already there I guess from setting up the pcut.  Can anyone tell me which of these files I need to download off the disk?  There are a bunch of them and I don't know how to download the whole thing all at once.

Guest gracewriter

Hold on a sec. I think I figured out the problem. Be right back.

Guest gracewriter

Darn, I thought I figured it out.  I did at least figure part of it out.  I unplugged the usb and plugged it back into the wrong slot so the port wasn't showing up in signblazer.  Duh!

I was ablt to cut the word TEST, but cannot cut the graphic file in signblazer. 

NEVER MIND. This is really wacky, I just tried cutting that same graphic again before I sent this and it appears to be cutting.

OMG!! This cutter is running musical scales and making all kinds of noices.  Sounds like Hendrix on the guitar!  This is hysterical, my kids are standing here laughing.  Now it sounds like an jet engine about to take off.  I can't believe how many different tones this thing has.

This is too funny!

everybody knows that if a tool isn't loud,it isn't worth much. You'll grow to love that sound. You will actually get to where you can tell if it isn't cutting right,just by the sound.

Guest gracewriter

Well, it was cutting fine and then just stopped dead in it's tracks.  I keep  having to manually reboot mycomputer with the on and off switch.  Keep having to reinstall the driver for the cutter.  Signblazer wasn't even frozen up and the program was closed the last time I tried shutting down my system and still had to hit the off switch on the computer to get it to shut down.

It did start to drift, but I thknk because the vinyl started buckling.  So I tightened the rollers a little more.  Still waiting for my system to reboot.

I read on here somewhere someone had these same problems.  Just can't find the posts right now.

Guest gracewriter

ok, rebooted everything resinstalled the driver, it cut for a few cuts then stopped even sooner than the last time.

instead of re-booting the computer,have you tried just unplugging the USB cable?

Guest gracewriter

Yes, I read somewhere to do that. 

I got 3/4" the way through the cut this time and the cutter stopped cutting and now signblazer is froze. I'll have to reboot my system again.

Never had these kinds of problems with pcut.  I'm using the same usb port and cable.

I read somewhere to hit the reset button before you cut as there may still be info in there and confuse it.  So this time I hit the reset and this time I cut for the longest amount of time.

Don't know what else to do.

Guest gracewriter

Task manager can't turn Signblazer off.  That's one of the reasons I keep having to shut my system down.  That shouldn't be.

when I opened Task Manager and hit end task, my SB stopped immediately. I've never had the problem of freezing like that,but I think I remember something about it...have you downloaded the latest updates to SB? There might have been a fix for this bug. Try searching the SB threads.

I suggest again that you try the serial. You can get extensions for serial cables. I have one on my Seiki that is almost 10 meters long.

ANyhow,if it works and cuts fine with the serial,we will at least know that the problem is somewhere in the USB drivers or cable.

One thing that happens from time to time on mine...the USB connection on the cutter is not as tight as it could be and the vibration will wiggle the thin just enough to break the connection for a split second. This will stop the cut dead.

I don't get the SB freezing though.it's never happened to me.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you don't figure it out(which I suspect you will) Ken can call you and walk you through it MOnday.

Guest gracewriter

Thanks John.

I tried the serial cable.  But that doesn't seem to be working at all.  Or I just don't know how to set it up.  the instructions say you should just be able to connect it to your computer and do nothing else.  In set up I've clicked every port available, no luck.

I really think this one is some communication problem between signblazer and the refine.  Like I said, didn't have this problem with the pcut.  Next I'll try the shorter usb cable.

Thanks for your help.

with the serial,it should be set to com1 in SB settings. If you have another device such as a printer that is still listed on your computer buty no longer in use that was asigned to com1,then you need to try com2,etc...until you find one that works.

Guest gracewriter

Tried them all. Went back to the shorter usb cable that came with the machine.  Got 3/4 though the job and it stopped cutting.

Guest gracewriter

The printer cable did the trick in the COM port.  Everything is working fne now.

Not sure what these settings are for......but I know not to change them.