Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

A couple of issues and inputs for Creation PCUT CT 630

I own a Creation PCUT CT 630 mm cutter with Flexi Sign 10 Starter pack I got with it.

1.       For the last one year I had been running the jobs with USB COM Port. All of the sudden it started to halt while running in the middle of artwork, cut extra lines some of which even run through the artwork. I believe that at some instances it travels with its head down. I have also found out that some other users also have the some issues with USB communication ports. The USB port on the machine is much loose as compared to the old style ports. Please share your inputs on how it can be fixed if it can be….

2.       My machine also comes with a RS 232 COM port and had a cable in the pack as well along with the USB Cable. How good is that 10 pin RS 232 port as compared to USB.

3.       . Also, as long as the job is running on the machine, the machine LCD display shows “Waiting” and  the job completes much earlier on the production manager on the computer than actually on the machine. IS this usual?????

My machine’s configurations are:

PC: Win XP SP03,

Machine:  Press 100, Cutting speed : 50, Baud Rate 9600 (what was on default with RS 232 Port).

Please help

Regards

Singh

When I had my P-Cut, the only way I would run was RS 232 Serial. The USB was always intermittent. I think it's the inexpensive ports that the PCut has that lose connection.

• Like 1

the usb conversion chipset in that cutter is quit poor and has caused a lot of issues - going serial with a true serial port is the best way or if you have to convert to usb use a keyspan brand adapter from tripplite as they have proven to be much more stable.  the internal ftdi chipset converts the serial connection info as the cutter does not have true internal usb communication. that is where the problems like you are describing usually come from.  jay has the right idea as usual

• Like 1

Thanks a lot pals. Even I was also thinking of switching it permanently to RS 232 adapter. I just shifted it an hour ago and the cuter has been going fine since then.

Did any of you tried contour cutting on that cutter?????????

• Like 1