Sign in to follow this  
bigfrank

Two things: Sales tax and item locations

I have a couple of problems with USCutter.

First is sales tax.  I don't know why I need to pay sales tax when I'm making an order from out of state.   Unless they have offices in my state( California) they shouldn't be collecting sales tax.

Second is where items are stocked.  Like I said, I live in California (Northern Cali) and when I order, my order comes out of Washington in a couple or three days.  But this last order, I was missing some vinyl with no explanation.  Went looking at my order aon USCutter's website and it sait the items I wasmissing ws coming from MS.  Is ther ea  way when ordereing to see if an item is in stock in WA.or not?  If not, there needs to be something or some way to look this up.  I needed that vinyl for a project this weekend, and had I known that I wasn't getting it with this order, I could have picked another yellow vinyl to get by with or ordeded from somewhere else.

On another note, customer service has been very helpfull when I called with questions, so kudos to them.

I just had something similar. a few items in my last order was somehow not in it after I hit check out. so now to get vinyl I needed over a week ago I have to pay extra shipping charges and the other items are no longer at that price. I spoke with someone thru email and their only solution for the matter was for me to re order, then they closed the ticket. I did send back a response of why would I pay more to order it from them when I can have it next day from a local vendor cheaper. Now ordering it the way I did at 1st , 2 rolls at a time I do beat my local vendors price even with the shipping added. this is my 2nd problem with shipping with them . I'm just getting my business started, and have already spent thousands with a local vendor but only hundreds with us because of the issue with the 1st order. I now only order from them if I'm getting the best deal

I've had the same thing. When I ordered they didn't have it in Memphis. So it came out of Washington. But I've never not received anything on my order. Well I take that back I was missing something one time. Called customer service and it as shipped right then no questions ask.  As far as sales tax. Every time I've ordered anything no matter what company it said if you live in California you had to pay taxes.