Sign in to follow this  
Kab

Hello from Iowa

Hello my name is jeremiah. I've been wanting to buy a vinyl cutter but I'm stuck between which model. I've never used any design software or used a cutter before. I am very familiar with computers just never used this kind of software. I've been looking at the SC series cutters but I hate to buy an SC and later wish I bought a titan or titan 2. Any input would be very appreciated. Thank you.

welcome 

1 get what you can afford to lose NOT what others tell you to get 

you might hate doing it / might never get the hang of it so no point spending a ton of money you cant afford to lose or getting a machine thats a fortune as your first one 

2 youtube if your friend 

3 ask questions lots and lots of friendly people here

4 have fun :) 

David

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Kab.

Regarding your machine, a lot would depend upon the type of work you plan to do with it.

Cal

Hey Jeremiah, whazzup?

First things first, download and install SignBlazer ELEMENTS, which will cost you ZERO $ to goof around with.

Hybrid version

Secondly, do you have a decent amount of work space to set up everything? I use a 4' x16' tabletop area and it's barely enough for some of the signs I do.

DSCN0143.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcomes. The type of cutting I'd like to do is vehicle decals and wall decals mostly. My daughter is really good with design software (she's 13) and thinks it would be cool to cut heat transfer and make her own shirts. I do have a full basement/ man cave that has plenty room to put up a table and have a designated cutting area. I'm thinking of going with an SC series cutter bundle in a 34", reason being then I'll kinda get everything with it to start playing around with the software right off the bat. I have been watching lots of YouTube videos already and have a good idea of what's going on. I'm sure I'll have questions when I have the funds to make the purchase. 

7 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Hey Jeremiah, whazzup?

First things first, download and install SignBlazer ELEMENTS, which will cost you ZERO $ to goof around with.

Hybrid version

Secondly, do you have a decent amount of work space to set up everything? I use a 4' x16' tabletop area and it's barely enough for some of the signs I do.

DSCN0143.JPG

Did you build that table from scratch? What did you line it with?

Hi again, the table is sawhorses with a 4x8 hardwood board from Home Depot, covered with a 4x8 self-healing cutting mat.  (x2 tables end to end)

The app tape roller is 24" wide (I wished there was a 30" model, but I don't do a whole lot of 30" taping, and I built a dedicated holder for that size stuff)

You'll be fine with the SC, it's a great machine. As for the bundle -- it's been pointed out here before that bundles will offer you things you don't need, and are missing things you do.  And in my opinion, your daughter will be happy with VinylMaster, for sure.

I've posted in the past here about the SC unit I owned a few years ago (now I'm back to the MH) -