Hello Members,

Please forgive me for asking this question cause I'm sure it's been asked a million times, however, I've done research but can't locate any info.  I have the LPII and I would like to do things such as engraving, scoring, stenciling,

cutting thick materials such as thin wood, leather, etc. 

Basically, I'm wondering if it has the features of a Cricut Explore. I've had my LPII for a while but never learned to do much on it. Any help that can lead me to better understanding the capabilities of my LPII will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you use some sort of cutting mat like the Cricut you can cut a lot of things. I actually have a couple of the mats that I picked up at walmart in order to cut stencils from old vinyl backing. Probably not the best on your machine. Buy some spare blades and you will want 60 deg blades for thicker items.  

Thanks, Can you tell me where I can find some tutorials specifically about the LP2? I;m a novice at this so I pretty much need the basic info.B)

You will just have to check youtube. There isn't a lot of machine specific stuff out there for the Chinese cutters but they all pretty much operate on the same principals. You will have to manually set the x/y origin and probably zero it out once you get it there. Manually measure the width so you hopefully don't cut off the far edge. (higher end machines do this for you when you load the material). It's a good idea to pre-feed the vinyl out and then back in to be sure it's tracking good. I usually recommend looking at the speed settings available and cut about 25% so if your cutter runs from 50mm/sec to 600mm/sec then cut with it about 70 to 100. Set your blade depth with the holder removed from the machine. Drag it across a scrap and only have enough to cut through the vinyl and part of the backing. If it can cut all the way through then you have too much blade out. On the pressure start low and test cut until you get it to just cut through the vinyl and score the backing without being able to feel the cut from the back of the paper. I would start around 60g and you will probably end up at 90 to 110. Every cutter is a little different with the numbers so you have to dial it in on your own machine. These things are a bit touchy but once you get them in the right spot they do amazing things.