Pcampo

New & clueless from Louisiana

Hi everyone!! I'm about to start a tshirt bizz doing mostly baby/child tees and I'm ready to order the silhouette cameo 3/swing arm heat press combo. Do I need any other software, that doesn't come in that combo? Also, best place to buy wholesale tshirts/onesies for kids? Thanks in advance 

IMG_2222.PNG

Hi everyone!! I'm about to start a tshirt bizz doing mostly baby/child tees and I'm ready to order the silhouette cameo 3/swing arm heat press combo. Do I need any other software, that doesn't come in that combo? Also, best place to buy wholesale tshirts/onesies for kids? Thanks in advance 

IMG_2222.PNG

I buy my t shirts from Sanmar. And that package should get you started. But you may want to upgrade later. That would be your choice. Oh yeah. Welcome from Mississippi....

welcome :)  it should come with the Silhouette studio software but id spend the 20-30 ( cant remember how much it is ) to upgrade to the designer ed as that allows you to use .SVG files 

I only have a Sil Cameo myself   but i use SCAL rather than the Sil software and that allows .svg files 

if you have any questions just message me 

david

• Like 1

Not Stealing the thread here   but i keep putting off on getting a heat press , Not trying to stir the pot about a bad heat press but is this one any good for starting out that Pcampo is getting or do you guys suggest a better one that may last longer etc... I need to get one soon,been getting asked when im going to get into it..lol.Thanks

About the only real issue with the press is it's fairly small. Smaller presses are harder to get everything lined up on is all. The budget swingers of that ilk are actually good performers for a starter press. I used a similar 15 x15 for several years with good results. Still in my garage as a matter of fact. 

34 minutes ago, Pcampo said:

Is this brand of vinyl any good?

IMG_2407.PNG

private branded will be a gamble - lots of sellers buy from china and resell under their own brand so they can sell at a profit.  with that said ask youself is it worth saving a couple of pennies per garment to risk a failure and hurt your reputation?  usually the savings per piece is so small it is best in my opinion to use only proven quality products.  many times it is the difference in being in the business for a year or so or being around for a decade or more.  Just my personal take on it.  90 percent of my htv is siser from uscutter (cheapest with shipping on multiple rolls)

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, Primal Decals said:

Not Stealing the thread here   but i keep putting off on getting a heat press , Not trying to stir the pot about a bad heat press but is this one any good for starting out that Pcampo is getting or do you guys suggest a better one that may last longer etc... I need to get one soon,been getting asked when im going to get into it..lol.Thanks

I told u we should go n on that 2 for deal. lol. now we just need figure out how to ship 1 to west coast and 1 to the east coast

And Welcome Aboard. I'm a 6 mnth old clueless newbie myself. I have received a lot of help and made a few friends from here. 1 in particular has really went out of his way with time and other things to help me out. I wouldn't be as far along as I am if not for him.