andygeekboy

Easyweed Feather Issues

Tried this for the first time tonight.

It was a dog to weed, the backing isn't sticky so if anything pulls off a bit you're done

Also 305 degrees, medium pressure for 15 seconds didn't get it to stick, had to redo it a couple of times.

Has anyone else had these issues?

thanks

I'll take a pic later if I remember, it's really just one or maybe two letters that peeled off with backing.

Now the tshirt is ruined I'll use it as a test piece and try a few different settings :)

The majority that did stick does have a nice look and feel to it, I will say that.

12 minutes ago, mb20music said:

Did you preheat the shirt first?  use enough pressure? did you peel "cold"?

Pre heat = yes

Pressure = med/high

peel cold = no

Think the cold peel could be the right direction?

I've never tried the Easyweed Feather.  But rather curious why there is no adhesive to help with weeding.  That doesn't even sound reasonable.  I tried looking up the details and can't find anything.  If that is true (no adhesive)... they should reveal that!  Cause that alone would convince me to never mess with it.  You NEED that adhesive to do details!

As for the setttings, I just read the requirements on uscutters.com Easyweed Feather page:

Application

• Cut Mirror image using 45° or 60° blade.
  • Weed material.
  • Temp: 310° F/155° C.
  • Preheat garment for 2-3 seconds.
  • Press with Medium Pressure for 15 seconds.
  • Peel cold.

I think you definitely messed up peeling it hot.  I would imagine the chemicals didn't get to complete, so that is why they say peel it cold.  I am not an expert and just learning myself.  But I do try to follow their suggestions.  Sorry for your bad experience.  But thanks for sharing...

2 hours ago, AboveCreations said:

I've never tried the Easyweed Feather.  But rather curious why there is no adhesive to help with weeding.  That doesn't even sound reasonable.  I tried looking up the details and can't find anything.  If that is true (no adhesive)... they should reveal that!  Cause that alone would convince me to never mess with it.  You NEED that adhesive to do details!

As for the setttings, I just read the requirements on uscutters.com Easyweed Feather page:

Application

• Cut Mirror image using 45° or 60° blade.
  • Weed material.
  • Temp: 310° F/155° C.
  • Preheat garment for 2-3 seconds.
  • Press with Medium Pressure for 15 seconds.
  • Peel cold.

I think you definitely messed up peeling it hot.  I would imagine the chemicals didn't get to complete, so that is why they say peel it cold.  I am not an expert and just learning myself.  But I do try to follow their suggestions.  Sorry for your bad experience.  But thanks for sharing...

Yup it was my own fault, I'll report back with my next effort.

The part that did 'stick' came out great, it has a look and feel very similar to screenprint