jet1012

SB with Titan 2

My laptop fried last week, bought a new laptop and trying to get my Titan 2 to cut with Signblazer, seems I can't find right ports to cut with. Has anyone successfully made this switch? Otherwise, any tips how to transfer my files over to VM? I am not having luck there as well. Thanks for any help :)

Hey jet,

You might have to mess around in your Windows Operating System Settings (Control Panel - Device Manager) to define the port correctly ---

This sounds more like an OS issue than a cutting software problem.

• Like 1

What do you have your comm set at?  I forget that all the time!  Should be 38400.  I use SB with my Titan 2 without issues.

I have my baud set at 38400. I purchased a USB adapter serial port. I am still a fish out of water here LOL  Is there any suggestions for downloads? I am struggling and not sure what to do. I have tried to switch my complete vector files and my designed eps files to Vinyl master to see if I could those to work and no luck. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any help. Thank you

I am pretty sure the only brand (for some reason) that works is the Tripp-Lite.  I too did the same thing when I was told I needed one.  I bought one of the cheaper ones and it did not work.  I was told it had to be Tripp-Lite.  Not a problem since.

At least that was the case with my SC cutter.  I also use it on my Titan 2.  I haven't even tried the Titan without it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xpaperman said:

I am pretty sure the only brand (for some reason) that works is the Tripp-Lite.  I too did the same thing when I was told I needed one.  I bought one of the cheaper ones and it did not work.  I was told it had to be Tripp-Lite.  Not a problem since.

At least that was the case with my SC cutter.  I also use it on my Titan 2.  I haven't even tried the Titan without it.

Never needed a tripp-lite piece.......Im running my titan 2 with just the basic cord.. 10' long with a powered usb port hub to keep the voltage up..on a new Lenovo laptop..No issues at all..

45 minutes ago, jet1012 said:

I am also using a new Lenovo. I am willing to try anything at this point. The joys of the business :)

I have the lenovo thinkpad w550s . i had it built. wow was it spendy lol.. i love it,,Heck a fast

Well there ya go, you may not need one with the Titan!  I just never gave it a second thought when I got mine.  I just unplugged from the SC and into the Titan.  

• Like 1

the titan2 is about the cheapest cutter I know of with a true usb chipset and not the cheaper emulation chipset to convert the usb port to the mainboards serial communication like on the value machines

• Like 1