Sign in to follow this  
Napco

mh-721 carriage wont drop to cut

Hi I have had this cutter for several years and in that time I have run into this problem before.  The carriage wont drop to make the cut.  I have been lucky in the past and just replaced the Z axis chip...but not this time.  I just for the first time grounded the unit with a wire and made sure the surface was clean from paint at that point. 
Then install Z axis chip...no luck.  If you shut down the cutter the blade will drop.  when powering up the unit the blade will raise.  I tried a test cut, again the blade wont drop to even make the test cut, and now two jobs pending I am in panic mode.  I have read several posts about mother board and a new carriage, but what would be my next avenue to attack?

Thanks for those who reply to my cry for help.

idk, sounds exactly like what mine did when the z-axis ic went. idk what else to tell you, but if you did get a bad ic and youre in a time crunch, just to to your local electronics store and tell them you need a lm324 in a dip (dual in-line package) should be a buck or less. 

Thanks deth502....what is this item you are describing?  I have three new Z axis chips.  Is this something else you are describing?

Thanks

That's why I think it something else....mother board.....carriage I just don't know.  Thanks again