Sign in to follow this  
AboveCreations

Titan 2 cut adjustment 45 degree

I am new to the vinyl cutting, so I thought I would get some comments and opinions on your adjustment and workflow.  I have my 28" Titan 2 setup and adjusted properly for Oracal 651 vinyl.  Cuts great and weeds good.  I also purchased a heat press and bought a 12 pack of the Siser Easyweed 12x15 sheets.  Unfortunately I rushed into trying my first one and not only did I cut on the wrong side (grrrrrrrrr!), the cut sometimes went completely through.  But now I have a piece of easyweed to use as a test cut so I can adjust the cut.

My question is... using the 28" Titan 2 (or similar) cutter, and a 45 degree blade, do you actually adjust your blade depth between cutting something like Oracal 651 and Siser Easyweed?  Kinda trying to get what you pros are doing.  Or are you just adjusting the pressure and speed only for the different material.  My speed is 12 mm and force is 120g.  Again, those settings are for Oracal 651 and works great.  Would you suggest to just change those settings for Siser Easyweed or would actually pull the blade out and turn it counter-clockwise a notch or two?  If it is just the settings, what would you suggest.  I realize the speed 12 mm is a bit too fast for the 12 x 15 sheet.  But what force would you suggest?  Thanks for any Titan 2 help....

Well, since no one responded, I figured it out myself.  For other newbies like me, I didn't change anything.  Once I cut on the proper side of the Siser Easyweed, it cut perfectly.  I also now learned that the Titan 2 cutter speed of 12 mm is the lowest (slowest).  And it defaults to that and 120g for the force.  So I just leave it on there.  So far I've only cut Oracal 651 and the Siser Easyweed.  I haven't tried any other vinyl at this point.  However, I beginning to believe those are the main two that it will cut for mostly everything I need.  At least at this point.

Just saw this....   

I don't change a thing when I switch between 651,751,or siser easyweed.   

I have another holder with a properly set blade for the reflective vinyl I cut.  But that's way thicker then any regular vinyl. 

• Like 1

I concur. Properly set blade depth will usually not change between cast and calendared and many of the HTV offerings. (hopefully you have used the least blade possible and NOT the half credit card information that is still circulating) Siser is 2 mil same as cast vinyl and Oracal 651 is 2.5. Even the Green Star thick stuff is just 3 mil and the difference between 2 and 3 mil is not enough to matter for blade depth, just pressure adjustments. I don't adjust my regular settings to cut Siser at all. Even if you are set at a slightly higher pressure for calendared vinyl it will be safe with Siser since their carrier is strong. If you jump into a product that is 8 or 10 mil then you will have to do some blade depth adjustments. 

• Like 1