Sign in to follow this  
Billie

Cutting strip

I have a old uscutter 48" pcut laserpoint plotter . I'm  trying to find a new cutting strip for it , because uscutter doesn't carry them anymore .. any ideas on where I can purchase one ? Thank you . 

Thanks ...I bought that one already it won't work , mine has a groove on the bottom and it snaps in . That one is just flat on both sides . My cutter is about 6-7 years old . Thank u anyways :) 

OK, I understand what you mean.

Try this  ---  rotate the strip 180* (right to left, left to right) and you should obtain a fresh portion of the strip under the blade.

• Like 1

Nope didn't work...:( so i still need a new cutting strip .Any ideas?????? Thank you

Billy - problem I remember on the p-cut was the replacement strips that they had the last year or so didn't fit like the originals either.  it is an odd size - I think I have one but it is only for the 24" cutter so no where near long enough- best bet is to take a pair of calipers and try to order by width and depth of the plastic - they was deeper than most other cutters - at least the US version was.   as a temp fix put a piece of thick vinyl like a reflective over it so it bridges the blade cuts  and should stop affecting your cuts

if you find a strip the old laserpoint 1 was made by creation too like your p-cut - and might be interchangeable but the new laserpoint2 is by another company even though the color is the same

yeah I found that out I ordered the cutting strip for the new cutter and found out it wont work .Im guessing its time for a new cutter ,but I wanted to limp it along until after Christmas.

throw some thick vinyl over it till then and upgrade when you can then - it will get you thru

Tried the vinyl and seems to be working :rolleyes: But now I found a whole new problem at the top of the carriage head where the 2 rollers are attached , both sides are broke so it's making the head wobbly ... and ideas on where to get a new carriage head !!!  it's always something !!!!!!  Thank you for all the help with the cutting strip . 

by the time you find a cutting strip and carriage I would say time to bite the bullet and get a new sc machine and have a new machine.  if the wheels on the carriage are broke I am guessing that the other parts on the machine will start going quickly too

I'm hoping my fix works (super glue ) it broke right at the top where the screws are connected to the top wheels . It's working perfect ( right now ) it just needs to hold out till after Christmas !!! It always happens right after you make another big purchase ( new snowmobile) that everything else decides it wants to break ..lol  Thank you sooo much for trying to help .

@Dakotagrafx

Do you have a recommended cutter I should get ( after Christmas ) , something easy to use , and that I can get parts for ? Also not break the bank ? Thank you .

at least a SC - if you can swing it a titan2 or 3 and of course if you swing for the fence the graphtec ce6000

as far as parts long term either roland or graphec are the top choices as they have been around the longest and have great support

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billie said:

I'm hoping my fix works (super glue ) it broke right at the top where the screws are connected to the top wheels . It's working perfect ( right now ) it just needs to hold out till after Christmas !!! 

I might have a carriage that will fit, If you need it.

• Like 2

Sorry I didnt even see your message .. If i can get a pic will you be able to tell if it will fit?

Yes it appears to be the same carriage, only thing is, you would need to use some of the parts from your carriage such as the solenoid plunger and blade holder parts...

carriage.JPG