Richard D

Signblazer Font List

There are font utilities that allow you to print all of your fonts out.

Google something like font viewer. I posted a word macro on the forums some place that will generate a word document with all your fonts.

And a quick forum search finds the thread, the search button is your friend. :D

• Like 1

For just the SB fonts, look in your signblazer folder for the file: FontManl.pdf

It has all available SB fonts listed in various ways. It installed with one of the many SB installations...

I searched for FontManl.pdf , no items matched my search. Can someone please send me a copy? My email is rdaugird@yahoo.com.

I e-mailed you the font manual. I hope you have a big inbox cause it's 12 megs... Enjoy...

Thanks Rich, I got it. Seems there are way more many fonts than my trial version has. Wonder if I can download specific fonts I like, or do I have to buy the full version of Signblazer?

55 minutes ago, Richard D said:

Thanks Rich, I got it. Seems there are way more many fonts than my trial version has. Wonder if I can download specific fonts I like, or do I have to buy the full version of Signblazer?

SignBlazer is no longer available for sale.

2 hours ago, Richard D said:

Wonder if I can download specific fonts I like

Yes, just download and install the fonts like you normally would, the font should then appear in the Signblazer font drop down menu. Keep in mind only "true type" fonts work with Signblazer, if you want to use an "open type" font you just need to convert it to true type with a online converter tool which there are a few different free ones out there..

Downloading fonts is simple. Most web pages you download a zip file. Inside that zip file is the font file, just double click on it and it will install automatically. Then just start what ever program you are using and the new font should now be in your list of fonts.

I would label those as "unique" or "artistic" or "special" rather than "common"

However, it does provide a decent solution to the OP's original question -- " Is there a chart that shows (all the) fonts that I can print and hang on the wall? "

In my shop, when presenting fonts for customers to select, the first thing is to determine whether they are seeking SERIF or SANS.

My wall chart only gives a few typical examples of both styles, so they understand the difference. Once I've gotten them to choose, then I go ahead with providing some specific typefaces with their actual text.

Offering them EVERY font to look through would be too confusing -- customers are not graphic designers, nor do they want to be.

typeface types.JPG

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

I would label those as "unique" or "artistic" or "special" rather than "common"

However, it does provide a decent solution to the OP's original question -- " Is there a chart that shows (all the) fonts that I can print and hang on the wall? "

In my shop, when presenting fonts for customers to select, the first thing is to determine whether they are seeking SERIF or SANS.

My wall chart only gives a few typical examples of both styles, so they understand the difference. Once I've gotten them to choose, then I go ahead with providing some specific typefaces with their actual text.

Offering them EVERY font to look through would be too confusing -- customers are not graphic designers, nor do they want to be.

typeface types.JPG

They are common to what orders I get. lol mostly HTV stuff or signs

3barefoot ---  yes, providing a customer with a chart of the actual fonts (and their names) offers them a way to get an idea of what's available overall.

I know what you mean about the word 'common' in relation to your job-types. Each shop is different, of course, regarding customers' needs, which is why I felt that just narrowing it down to Serif & Sans was a great way to start the discussion about Fonts with the client, and go from there --  I should add a category "Script" probably!

• Like 1

As the sign designer, one should try and ascertain what feeling or
emotion the sign should or needs to convey. From there, the designers'
knowledge of Type Styles is used to help direct the Client to appropriate font and desired look.

If the Sign Designer is unskilled or unaware of 'correct' typography and where to
use different Type and Fonts, they should develop those skills and learn to use

them to create appropriate and pleasing signage. This is an essential skill to rise above 'average'.