Norbs

First decent project with the Laser

Finally decided to play around with the laser some. After much back and forth I finally bought one.  Probably not the wisest investment, but it has been fun and the wife is loving the random bits around the house we've made so far for samples. 

These are laser etched and cut plywood tiles to look like a Scrabble layout.

IMG_1046.JPG

An acrylic coaster with some engraved initials.IMG_1066.JPG

And after some inspiration from Go-C I dabbled in making a base and edge lit a small piece of Acrylic.

IMG_1108.JPG

Let me know now what you guys think! Feedback welcome.

• Like 9

I am curious too.  Which laser engraver did you buy?  I was looking into getting one, but the most reasonably priced are the Chinese DIY.  And I got scared away when I seen this youtube of how these things need to be self-grounded to an outside ground.. otherwise you risk electrocution.

• Like 1

I bought a 50w Chinese laser after doing much research. Having the height adjustment, bigger working area, better controller and just in general more features made me feel a lot better about it. I've added some upgrades that generally everyone recommends anyway and it's done well. I'm happy with it so far and will have some more mods going on to keep it going.

Have yet to make a sale off it but I bought it with the intention to learn about it and sell later as it becomes more natural. Same process I followed with getting into vinyl and HTV. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 7:03 AM, Norbs said:

I bought a 50w Chinese laser after doing much research. Having the height adjustment, bigger working area, better controller and just in general more features made me feel a lot better about it. I've added some upgrades that generally everyone recommends anyway and it's done well. I'm happy with it so far and will have some more mods going on to keep it going.

Have yet to make a sale off it but I bought it with the intention to learn about it and sell later as it becomes more natural. Same process I followed with getting into vinyl and HTV. 

How is that laser cutter working so far? since its been awhile @Norbs