Sign in to follow this  
dave1510

One thing that I would change on the Titan 2

One thing I would change on the Titan 2, are rather add to, is the number and spacing of the vinyl clamps. It  only has 4.  There is a roller for a fifth, but not a clamp for it. They should have six spread out, so you could use different size vinyl.

when I had the titan 2 I was able to do different sizes without a problem - is something different?  the small stuff used the far right rollers and moved up down the row with wider stuff.  as far as the number of rollers whey more?  just curious as mine tracked great and my Graphtec only has 2 so I am used to that.
just curious if they changed something on the newest ones ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

when I had the titan 2 I was able to do different sizes without a problem - is something different?  the small stuff used the far right rollers and moved up down the row with wider stuff.  as far as the number of rollers whey more?  just curious as mine tracked great and my Graphtec only has 2 so I am used to that.
just curious if they changed something on the newest ones ?

I have one of the first Gen and the newest version. Physically they are the same, so no they didn't change anything about the number of rollers.  They did dumb down the processor though, my first gen cuts circles around my new one.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, busterbay said:

They did dumb down the processor though, my first gen cuts circles around my new one.  

Just curious, what does that mean?? LOL

6 hours ago, mb20music said:

Just curious, what does that mean?? LOL

It much slower cutting complicated files .

I can start both machines at the same time and the Older one always finishes 1/3 faster.  The new one I have is actually my 3rd as I had another one but it had mechanical issues so It was exchanged. 

The new one is faster than my SC but not by much. But for the price you can't beat them, where else can you get an ROI in under a week. 

I had a similar conversation with an owner of a LazerPoint ll, and she still swears you can't move them to accommodate different size media because there are stickers showing where to position them. 

How do you move the pinch rollers on a new Titan 2? Some of my pinch rollers aren't over the grit rollers. New from uscutter.com. Not even set up yet.

1 hour ago, GHEENEE1 said:

How do you move the pinch rollers on a new Titan 2? Some of my pinch rollers aren't over the grit rollers. New from uscutter.com. Not even set up yet.

Answered in your duplicate question elsewhere

On 5/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, LuckyStickerCo said:

I had a similar conversation with an owner of a LazerPoint ll, and she still swears you can't move them to accommodate different size media because there are stickers showing where to position them. 

It's important that there are two marked positions on the right side in close proximity to each other (those marked positions indicate where the lower grit rollers are exposed ---- in the MH and SC, the lower grit rollers are exposed along their entire lengths, but in LPII and above, there are only specific locations for the pinch rollers to meet the grit rollers).

We had some discussion here previously in the threads about one of the Titan cutter models not having these two adjoining spots, as the rollers were all spaced out evenly at 15" intervals, without that vital pairing at the right hand side.