AmericanWarriorDecals

2 color decal runs

Hey guys just had a question for you all.  I may be having a large order of 2 tone decals for a tuning shop.  I told them as a 1 man show I can do about 200 of them even though they may want thousands (I had a friend doing the talking with them as their customer and he didn't really understand what my capabilities were). When he told me that I said there is no way I can facilitate a large order like that.  I also told him with those kind of numbers they would want to go printed (He said 15k at one point and I started laughing).  Any who, besides that, they were still interested in the "smaller" run for now

My question for you all is: Does anyone have any tips on layering multiple decals at one?  They are only 1.75" x12" decals with no overlapping layers.

cut them as a sheet, and layer them several at a time. if you use registration mark on a large sheet you can do a lot at a time.  I'm thinking at that size maybe 10-20 at once?

• Like 2

Ok, I will give this a shot, I know I had tried for the samples and the registration marks from one lined up, but the others didn't.  I'm guessing I have to be certain that the vinyl is feeding perfectly straight (such a pain some times).

just do some test cuts, and make sure you're cutting correctly, unless you have real small lettering, they should weed with ease.

What kind of cutter are you running? You may be hampered with layering multiple if your cutter can't track nice and precise. If you can score a large order you can probably negotiate for half up front and upgrade your cutter (assuming it's not a servo machine).

$50 seems pretty high for what the large decal would be where I'm at. I would be about half that or possibly a little more if it was technical.

I would think that you can do 9-10 at once off a 24" roll. Use registration marks and manually make the sheets weeding lines.

I would also use a clear application tape, for how rigid it is. 

Whatever you can get them to pay is actually the best price. Ha ha! Most of my work is repeat customers and I charge a decent price based on what I need to cover my true costs and profit. Don't let any of us on here determine what's best for you. 

• Like 3