drake_red

Noob here - need help - vectorize my image

Around here we tend to try and teach you how to be self sufficient rather than just being a vector service. Have you downloaded the free Inkscape software? Very simple program and this project is a simple one that would be a great learning experience. Most of us are busy just like you and willing to help those who help themselves. My suggestion would be to give it a go and if/when you get stuck upload the vector file in eps or svg format and show us what's giving you trouble. You'll get some quality input that will really help you figure it out so that soon you will be able to tackle this sort of thing in your sleep.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drake_red said:

Hello,

Can anyone vectorize my image? It's just a simple house. I attached a color version (that I want vectorized), and a version just with lines/scratch (if that helps).

https://ufile.io/a538
(mirror) http://www.filedropper.com/imagesbmp

Thanks in advanced Smile
PS: nice forum

Dude, welcome but seriously

What if I just bust into your house and asked you to tie my shoe......

How about an introduction, tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here.   

Your first post and you want someone from here to do something for you.   

Show alittle common courtesy.

This is a community and not your basic internet forum.    

• Like 3

Sorry guys,

I am not a designer.  I'm a computer engineering student. I downloaded the trial version of adobe illustrator but I do not understand how to use it.

Design is not something I do often. I just give a few taps in photoshop...

I'll be honest: I'm not interested in "participating" in the community in a "active way"I just need some help to vectorize this.

I often help other persons in stack overflow for exemple and I dont care with posts, rankings, introductions or other things.

If I'm not welcome here, please delete this thread and my account. :(

You're welcome.

For the record, I took your 'sketch' and put it into GIMP and added some contrast to show the black lines better. Then, imported that image to VinylMaster which has a terrific vector engine.

Let me repeat that statement for the entire reading audience  ---  VinylMaster has a really solid and efficient Vectorization process, and if anyone just needs that part of the program, it's certainly worth the $50 to get VMCut (basic).

B)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, drake_red said:

I am not a designer.  I'm a computer engineering student. I downloaded the trial version of adobe illustrator but I do not understand how to use it.

No shame in being new. AI is my tool of choice but it's a real bear to learn so I can understand your frustration. If you find the time to learn the program it's one of the handiest things you may ever use but you'll have to invest considerable time. There are tutorials in the Adobe Illustrator section that might help you with set-up and basic understanding of the functions. Once you learn the basic rules of operation it's not as bad as it seems at first. Sort of like rules of operation in mathematics certain overall concepts have to be adhered to. Beyond that the rest is somewhat like a professional camera. With the right skill you can turn out incredible results but the hapless newbie might feel lost. 

• Like 1

There's a sites out there that do vectoring for you for a small cost. I pay $15 per job. You should consider that next time. Small cost for the price you can sell your custom banners or custom signs

On 3/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, customml said:

There's a sites out there that do vectoring for you for a small cost. I pay $15 per job. You should consider that next time. Small cost for the price you can sell your custom banners or custom signs

why do you pay $15 for your artwork when you are the sales arm of the company you are advertising?   if you are paying someone else to do the work you sell I am lost!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

why do you pay $15 for your artwork when you are the sales arm of the company you are advertising?   if you are paying someone else to do the work you sell I am lost!

This is for vectorize a logo or complex image. Imagine someone brings in their logo in low quality .jpg and they want $1500 sign. Do you really think i'm going to have my graphics designer spend their time to get it cleaned up? NO, i'm going to have him focused on other stuff, and have that cleaned up in India in 24 hours for $15, so we can get that $1500 sign completed.