Hey y'all, 

It's Sarah again. Right now I'm cutting with the MH871-MK2, and it's done well for what I was doing. Now I'm getting into contour cutting (I have a designjet z6100 for printing) and need something with laser/optic eye for contouring... I found a greeeat deal for a USC LaserPoint2 that somes WITH VinylMaster.. It's 379.00. Now, I have a huge order coming due where I'm going to need contour cutting in small letters. Will that machine work and work well? I want to get a Graphtec, but until I get this order DONE, the money isn't available... so should I go for the good deal and get the LP2? I've read a little about the Titan 2 and 3 and honestly wasn't impressed... Also, is the LP2 stepper or servo??

Thanks!

Sarah

Just found out it's stepper... I understand that servo is better for super small details (such as small lettering)?

had a titan2 that did a great job but I don't contour anything small printed but then again I print solvent that actually gets into the vinyl  - not sure on the pigment ink you are using that sits on top of the spray layer on how it will cut - 

I have a solvent printer as well, that I can use if need be for the super small stuff. Do you think I should ante up and get the Titan2 or just buy the LP2(since it's on sale) and save money for the Graphtec I want?? And I know the LP2 has to use the registration marks, but does the Titan? Or does it have auto and manual contouring?

well, crud... You don't think the LP2 will work?

1 minute ago, andygeekboy said:

I have a feeling it's the Titan3 you'll need as the Titan2 doesn't have arms

Just now, icmomoney said:

well, crud... You don't think the LP2 will work?

I'll defer that question to the more seasoned guys, I have zero experience with the LP series sorry

Just now, andygeekboy said:

I'll defer that question to the more seasoned guys, I have zero experience with the LP series sorry

Okieday, sooo... The Titan 2 has what for contouring? The 3 has arms, and LP2 has laser and the Titan 2 has??

((((Laughing my butt off right now because andygeekboy says a machine doesn't have arms... bahahahahah :D Duhhhhhh!!)))

• Like 2

Just now, andygeekboy said:

it's 'armless' ;)

lmao, okay, crying here! Poor little armless vinyl cutting machines.. they'll never make it in today's world!!!

*still snickering, ignoring people looking at me in my shop, thinking I've lost my mind*

So... I thought the laser, optic eye, arms things all worked the same, just maybe not as detailed??

auto is nicer so titan3 would be the way to go - as the titan2 is manual  - my printer has a cutter built in so I use a graphtec for my cut vinyl projects and the roland print/cut for all printed - again I don't contour small stuff - it will cause you headaches in the long run - if small do a shape around the entire graphic.  if I had to go separate I would probably go HP Latex and a roland cutter as the rolands find registration marks better than any cutter I have used - the graphtecs do it but much more finicky.  no idea on how well the  titan finds marks as I never used that feature on one

• Like 2

Dakotagrafx, you are the guru of all things cut and print. I may go Titan3, then, as it's the automatic and not too pricey right now. Thank you, both of you for everything, it definitely gave me some insight on what to look for for the jobs I'm doing. And if I can get away with it, I will DEFINITELY put a shape around the letters. Thank you again, so much!!

• Like 1

I'm sure you have gotten your new cutter by now. But just to add for future readers, you don't have servo motor until the Titan 2 which has contour cutting but registration is manual. For servo and Automatic Registration for contour cutting, you'll need at least a Titan 3. Which I will say is a great machine in action. The added vacuum hold on the material makes using scraps to cut small things a breeze. 

Just my .02¢

3 hours ago, LuckyStickerCo said:

I'm sure you have gotten your new cutter by now. But just to add for future readers, you don't have servo motor until the Titan 2 which has contour cutting but registration is manual. For servo and Automatic Registration for contour cutting, you'll need at least a Titan 3. Which I will say is a great machine in action. The added vacuum hold on the material makes using scraps to cut small things a breeze. 

Just my .02¢

Curious why trolling the old threads and why the new account name positive p?

4 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Curious why trolling the old threads and why the new account name positive p?

BUSTED!!!!

Nothing gets pass Dakota.