slice&dice

Let's re-introduce this slice&dice fellow

Hi everyone!

I've been posting here for several years, after purchasing the MH cutter and opening a sign shop in the Baltimore, MD. region.

The shop was going good, and someone offered to buy it, lock, stock and barrel. It was a large cash offer that I couldn't refuse.

At which point, my signmaking was set aside for about a year (the sale included a non-compete agreement for that time).

Fast-forward to 2015 --  I knew that running a business doing signage with a cutter was what I wanted to restart, and I found a new location and set things up. However, after my 12-month lease was up on that garage, I wanted a Main Street storefront, so I moved into a vacant place right in the center of town.

I still run the old MH, hooked to a Dell XP laptop, and have fun every day with all sorts of things that roll in the door. I'm not a trained graphic artist, just a guy who can figure out stuff using SignBlazer (and dipping my toes into VinylMaster).

I would say, without hesitation, that my experiences are similar to everyone here! I've already learned a whole ton of stuff, and I figured it's worthwhile to give back whenever I can. After over 4000 postings, I still get a kick of being here and offering my 2

Comments? Questions?

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

• Like 6

Thanks for the share and all the info you've provided over the years, I for one regularly trawl though older posts looking to solve problems and you posts have been (and still are) invaluable. :)

Wait,  Slice has been gone?  No wonder it's been so quiet around here.   LOL

J/K

Welcome back.....   Someone was asking how your RV mobile shop was doing.

Ahhhhh, the MH 14" mini that was inside of my 'BreakingBad' RV?

I actually abandoned that whole idea & put that mini unit on CL and it was gone in 2 hours, and I've since sold the RV, too. All my energy is now going towards running this Main Street Sign Shop.

(I think the "welcome back' reference was to me re-entering the cutting game after being sidelined when I sold off the other store ---- hey, once the cutting bug hits you, it's hard to walk away!!)

DSCN0634.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Welcome back.....   Someone was asking how your RV mobile shop was doing.

That might have been me, I've been looking at camper trailers and was thinking of taking a small cutter along :)

Slice I totally agree with your comment that it's hard to walk away. I think even if I shut down my business I will always keep a cutter around. Way too much fun.

Yeah...I'd have to keep a cutter around for them neat custom t-shirts at least!

Sue2

• Like 1

Hey Slice and Dice good to see you back.