arty-rc

Signblazer History

Does anybody know where the SB History file is and if it can be combined with the histories in other PC's and would even work in Win 10? I saw the post from April of this year but got nowhere with it. Thanks in advance.

In the CuttingTechnologies/SignBlazer folder, you will find a folder named HISTORY. Each day is a seperate file. You should be able to just copy/paste those individual history items into the HISTORY folder on another pc with SBE. (However, it's possible that the path to locate the original SBD file will now be wrong on the other computer).

20 hours ago, slice&dice said:

In the CuttingTechnologies/SignBlazer folder, you will find a folder named HISTORY. Each day is a seperate file. You should be able to just copy/paste those individual history items into the HISTORY folder on another pc with SBE. (However, it's possible that the path to locate the original SBD file will now be wrong on the other computer).

Three computers, Cutting Technologies showing up on only one in Program files, History folder there but "empty", History files still show up when I open SBE??. I searched all the folders and files for anything relating to "History" on all the units but still no good. I'd really hate to have to open every item in the SBE history and save them to a new folder. Any ideas?

Hmmmmmm, what happens when you look for the files (use the *.history boolean) in WINDOWS system search? They have to be somewhere.

6 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Hmmmmmm, what happens when you look for the files (use the *.history boolean) in WINDOWS system search? They have to be somewhere.

Still no good.

6 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

time to upgrade arty

I'll still have to do a lot of work saving the files in my history files. 

• Like 1

By history, are you referring to listing under file->open? If so, that is just a shortcut to the file. The actual file has a .SBD extension. Search your computer for .SBD and you should find all your files.

The History shows up when you open the "file" menu. The history lists anything that you open in Signblazer. It is a ongoing list that at first goes by days and converts to weekly files. If you cut a graphic and want to save the file, you have to "save as" and then it will be saved in the SBD file folder. Basically. the History file is automatic but you have to manually save graphics "as" to save them as SBD files. 

OK, let's back up a bit.

You say that when you open SignBlazer and click on the FILE menu\History you get a list of dates along the left column. Well, since you see that list, then for sure there's History files somewhere!

On my computer, I have two different folders for SignBlazer. One of them was an install of SBE from a CD disk (resulting in the Cutting Technologies folder, containing the SignBlazer folder), and the other appeared when I put the Hybrid/UK version onto my hard drive. One is in the Program Files folder and the other is located on the root of C:/

Ok, I never looked at the history thing before so I just opened SB and took a look. The history is simply short cuts to the .sbd files. The actual .history file is only 1KB and is simply a text file containing the addresses of the various files.

To answer your original post, on my computer anyway my history folder is located

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cutting Technologies\SignBlazer Elements\history

But if you're wanting the actual files moved from one computer to another they are located where ever you saved them. If you saved them in SB they will have a .sbd file extension and you can search your computer for them. If they were imported files (eps, ps, pdf, etc) you'll have to search for them that way.

when you open the history thing in SB, it will show you the full name of the file so you can search for individual files as well. My guess is once you find one file, all the others will be in the same place.

Thanks for advice guys. I'm on the road through Sunday but will try looking for the files after I get back home.

5 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Arty-rc, the suspense is killing me !!!

Be patient grasshopper! I've been working 12 hour days at an RC Warbird contest and after getting back to my hotel room and sucking down some brew, all I can do is check my emails and Forums before getting ready for bed. I will keep you informed after Sunday.

Back in town and still no luck with the history. Computer 1 has the history file in program files>cutting technologies>history, but the file is empty.The Signblazer program still has it's history files. Computer 2 Program files doesn't show cutting technologies and there is no history file. Same with computer 3. I did a file search of the computer but no good. Any ideas?

Are you wanting the history transferred, or the actual cut files? As I posted above, the history files are nothing more than shortcuts to the actual file that was used. To find the cut files, open your history menu and pick a file, you'll see the full file name below the preview image. Then search your computer for that file name.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

Are you wanting the history transferred, or the actual cut files? As I posted above, the history files are nothing more than shortcuts to the actual file that was used. To find the cut files, open your history menu and pick a file, you'll see the full file name below the preview image. Then search your computer for that file name.

Thanks, I was under the impression that the history was a file folder. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

HISTORY is a file folder, containing the individual files of the history that SBE uses.

Yes, they are merely signposts/shortcuts to the original items.

Try this path  --  (First go to Control Panel Settings for Folder Views and allow hidden files to be visible)

C:\Users\--(your name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\SignBlazerElements

The files contained in the HISTORY folder are nothing more than text files that have the address of the actual file used. So if you were to copy them from one computer to another, it would do you no good unless you also had the original cut files on the new computer and stored in the same location.

2 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

The files contained in the HISTORY folder are nothing more than text files that have the address of the actual file used. So if you were to copy them from one computer to another, it would do you no good unless you also had the original cut files on the new computer and stored in the same location.

Yes, that is what I indicated above -- on another computer, the paths of these shortcuts will no longer be valid.

However, I wonder, would the previews carry over?

No, cause the preview is using the actual cut file. I use a temp file frequently and it changes often. If I go back in the history and look at the temp file, the preview is what the file currently looks like, not what it looked like 2 or 3 months ago.