Topper

Wall Logo

So, I think this is probably my biggest decal so far. It is about 5' x 8'. I used 651 since that is what I had on hand. It was pretty challenging, the decal would not stick to the wall at all due to the texture and guessing slickness of the paint. I didn't think to bring a heat gun and being about 45 mins from home I started to worry... lucky there was a group of contractors there and one had happen to have a heat gun that he let me borrow. It seemed to do the trick so hopefully it'll stay on there. Sorry for the bad picture the lighting wasn't very good.

wall.jpg

• Like 4

I should mention, those aren't bubbles you are seeing in the picture, that is the texture of the wall.

Hey Topper, rookie question, does heating up the vinyl make it easier to stick?

I have 'knock down' plaster on my walls and was wondering what I could do to get the vinyl to stick.

thanks

Andy, heat can make the vinyl more pliable and help it stick sometimes. It will help soften up the adhesive and get it off too. Textured walls are a major PIA. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

Andy, heat can make the vinyl more pliable and help it stick sometimes. It will help soften up the adhesive and get it off too. Textured walls are a major PIA. 

Thanks WG!

16 hours ago, andygeekboy said:

Hey Topper, rookie question, does heating up the vinyl make it easier to stick?

I have 'knock down' plaster on my walls and was wondering what I could do to get the vinyl to stick.

thanks

I've put 631 on knock down texture with no problems.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I've put 631 on knock down texture with no problems.

@darcshadow Thanks, I'll give it a shot, now I just need some ultra hipster/cool saying to put up.

I'm thinking.

"Get off that forum and do some work you slacker!"

• Like 1

Looks like I am a little late to reply, but yeah the heat really helped. I actually peeled off the transfer paper and this stuff was barely hanging on to the wall. Heated the vinyl and used the palm of my hand to push on the vinyl to get it to really form to the wall texture. 

• Like 1