Guest Jessica

So I am TOTALLY new at this....I literally JUST opened my cutter last night and installed the VinylMaster software that came with my machine this morning. So far I think I have the hang of it except I have a few font SVG font files that I have downloaded (for monograms). They installed perfectly and I can edit them in pretty much every way except I CANNOT weld the three letters. It either erases everything except the inside of one letter, erases everything, or just pretends like I didn't tell it to do anything. Please help! I'm sure it is something very simple that I'm not doing (or doing something that I shouldn't). I've tried Google, Youtube, and every help guide I can find and there is NOTHING there that has anything to do with my issue.....Thank You!

• Like 1

Guest Future Support

It is possible that the fonts may contain multiple copies of the same shape, which would not be visible when viewing, but may be causing the two copies of the same shape to cancel each other out during welding. 

Does it happen with any other fonts, or only the font you downloaded.

It's not an actual font. It's an SVG image (I guess is what you'd call it). I have to import each letter individually.....if that makes sense. I have tried welding several fonts and it works fine but I cannot get it to weld the downloaded images.....I'm sorry that I'm sounding so "basic", like I said, I am VERY new....as in my cutter is still in the box in my office floor.

I figured it out just a little while ago....if I import them as a PDF then vectorize them it will let me weld the letters....it's a pain in the butt but it works! Thank you so much!

I'm not super good with VM but if your original EPS file is already in vector then you should be able to weld them. Probably have to ungroup them or something similar. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.