FrznFire07

Stahls vs UsCutter

We've been using Stahls HTV for about 10 years now, we use primarily the Thermo-FILM.  Its a decent enought HTV, very durable.  But it's kinda thick and at times more difficult to weed.  So my question is, how many others have tried Siser Easy Weed and Stahls Thermo-FILM? Is there a big difference? how durable is it?

I see Siser Easy weed has some specific washing instructions, Cold, turn inside out and so on.  Stahls has this as well, but we've found it's really not neccessary for Thermo-FILM.  Is this true for Siser products as well?

Does anybody use Siser Easy Weed on athletic products?  we do alot of youth sports shirts for the town, and if I can make it a little easier, and a little cheaper for us, all the better.

I have both and the siser has a lighter hand than the thermoflex - when I order I only order the siser now

• Like 2

Definitely agree with Dakota...

As far as HTV goes, Siser Easy Weed's Hand is the closest to Screen print I've seen.

Additionally, not one problem in nearly 5 years of exclusive use.

Yes, Siser is ALL I use in HTV!  Plus it is super easy to weed and almost always outlasts the substrate!

• Like 1

I agree with all the above Siser is my primary HTV although I have used several Stahls products from time to time. On the Sports apparel I use Siser Easyweed Stretch. Best stuff on the planet IMO. I have a huge volleyball client and do upwards of 350 jerseys every year for her. 2 color logos and numbers on high end Nike jerseys. 

RE: Feather Light

The good:  It really is thinner and really does feel great on a shirt.  It's a Siser product and has the backer, adhesive, etc.  It's a very nice product and most of what we sell is by the 10 yard roll to people that mass produce garments.

The bad:  Because it's thin, it has a bit of a habit of pulling up on the odd corner during weeding.  (Not often - but it happens.)  A dab of water on your finder to smooth it down is all it takes, but it's something you have to watch for.

The ugly:  This is a very new product for Siser and very limited production - only 7 colors at the moment. We have 5 more on order, but a very limited palette so far.

On October 18, 2016 at 5:26 PM, JohnatUSCutter said:

RE: Feather Light

The good:  It really is thinner and really does feel great on a shirt.  It's a Siser product and has the backer, adhesive, etc.  It's a very nice product and most of what we sell is by the 10 yard roll to people that mass produce garments.

The bad:  Because it's thin, it has a bit of a habit of pulling up on the odd corner during weeding.  (Not often - but it happens.)  A dab of water on your finder to smooth it down is all it takes, but it's something you have to watch for.

The ugly:  This is a very new product for Siser and very limited production - only 7 colors at the moment. We have 5 more on order, but a very limited palette so far.

Tried it tonight, I see what you mean about the weeding issues.

I also had issues with the heat settings, 305/med pressure/15 seconds didn't do the trick any suggestions?

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, andygeekboy said:

Tried it tonight, I see what you mean about the weeding issues.

I also had issues with the heat settings, 305/med pressure/15 seconds didn't do the trick any suggestions?

Application

• Cut Mirror image using 45° or 60° blade.
  • Weed material.
  • Temp: 310° F/155° C.
  • Preheat garment for 2-3 seconds.
  • Press with Medium Pressure for 15 seconds.
  • Peel cold.

As per another thread about Feather... I think it is important that you peel cold.  I am assuming the chemicals need to complete their reaction until it gets cold.  Another thread about this.. the person peeled hot and it didn't work.  I am new to all this, but learning...

2 hours ago, AboveCreations said:

Application

• Cut Mirror image using 45° or 60° blade.
  • Weed material.
  • Temp: 310° F/155° C.
  • Preheat garment for 2-3 seconds.
  • Press with Medium Pressure for 15 seconds.
  • Peel cold.

As per another thread about Feather... I think it is important that you peel cold.  I am assuming the chemicals need to complete their reaction until it gets cold.  Another thread about this.. the person peeled hot and it didn't work.  I am new to all this, but learning...

Yup, that was me too :)

Sorry - been busy prepping for year end and missed your note.  Assuming you're having trouble with the material adhering to the shirt.

Just to ask the question, have you calibrated your heat press and heat press controller? 

Assuming you have, up the pressure a bit.

11 hours ago, JohnatUSCutter said:

Sorry - been busy prepping for year end and missed your note.  Assuming you're having trouble with the material adhering to the shirt.

Just to ask the question, have you calibrated your heat press and heat press controller? 

Assuming you have, up the pressure a bit.

Sorry John, it's all good, I didn't read the instructions correctly