e_perez1983

MH 871 starting making horrible cuts after 3 years

Hi all, I've been all over these forums desperately looking for answers. I've had my cutter for about 3 years and never had any issues until recently. It's making terrible cuts. Lines are jagged, my circles look like crooked ovals, gaps are not closing.

The other day I was told the driver (I use signcut pro) needed to be updated. Ever since I updated the driver I've had nothing but problems. My settings have been the same for years. Another problem I'm experiencing is that signcut can no longer read text from my Inkscape files. It's making me convert all of them to path. Not sure if that's related to my cutting problems. 

Ive been using the same files for years and noticed that the cuts are starting in different places. I've always had gaps on large files (and I fix them with an exacto knife) but now I have them no matter how large or small. 

I cleaned out the blade holder and changed the blade. Any ideas? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Update. So my machine is definitely not tracking correctly. I just got done cutting a design that's 40" inches that I've cut a million times and the vinyl could not stay on track and ended up getting all jammed up. So now that I know what the problem is how can I adjust the machine so that it tracks and cuts the way it used to? 

on a hard used 3 year old mh there are several things to look at - each will require you to do a search on the forum

belt tension
knurled rollers set screws have been know to come loose
cracks in the blade holder portion of the carriage
cracks in the pressure roller assembly assuming you have not messed with them since the last good cut (too many people mess with the pressure and cause such a problem)
rollers all on track on the carriage and all in good condition - again high usage will cause wear and tear

after 3 years and cutting "millions of the same decal" I would consider moving up to at least a sc machine or even a servo machine like the titan2 - you seem to know now you will be in it for the long haul so maybe time to invest in the most important part of your business

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I guess I've always known this day would come. I went ahead and ordered an SC machine. I loaded up the vinyl and took the blade out just to see if it would stay on track and it didn't. It's started drifting and lost control. I thought for sure it was a software issue, but I guess time has just caught up with my MH. 

I'll keep it as a back up for smaller orders. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Btw how do I tighten the knurled rollers? I think one might be a little loose. The vinyl was drifiting even without with no blade so I don't think it's the blade or cartridge. I have my SC machine coming in the mail but would love to salvage my MH. I removed the plastic end where the power outlet is and tightened the belt by tightening the screw. All that's left is the knurled rollers. I'm not sure how to adjust them. 

see that little dark circle on the end of the roller - allen wrench fits in threre

Hi there, I have been having the very same issue with my US Cutter MK series and I've owned it for almost 3 years also.

I was wondering how you fixed it EXACTLY? I see the dark hole at the end of the roller which I'm assuming is the long silver bar the vinyl sits on ... But what next? Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you so much... 

29 minutes ago, JustClassicHer said:

Hi there, I have been having the very same issue with my US Cutter MK series and I've owned it for almost 3 years also.

I was wondering how you fixed it EXACTLY? I see the dark hole at the end of the roller which I'm assuming is the long silver bar the vinyl sits on ... But what next? Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you so much... 

Tighten the little screw inside

On 13/10/2016 at 10:16 PM, e_perez1983 said:

Wow, you're a life saver. That worked! Making perfect cuts again!! It was driving me insane. Thanks a million. 

I was wondering how you fixed it EXACTLY? I see the dark hole at the end of the roller which I'm assuming is the long silver bar the vinyl sits on ... But what next? Any assistance would be much ap

1 minute ago, mb20music said:

Tighten the little screw inside

Hi there, So I just stick the allen key in and tighten it?  

Thanks much for the fast response.