JPvinyl

Busy busy

I was sent a photo of a business card and told they want it recreated and installed on his van. So far here is the mock up. Not 100% but it's coming along nicely.   I personally am not a fan of the wording, but they get what they want. 

IMG_0290.PNG

IMG_0294.JPG

The "8" is higher than the rest of the numbers. Also, it needs a few commas and random stuff is capitalized. 

The "8" is like that cause of the font.. It's the same way on the card. Only thing I see is capitalized the "OD" in Rod near the water.. It's all caps on the card.

I believe the lower strings of text (Things that Rust....) are arc Lower and arc Upper about 4% to get that effect. I have seen this effect look good on single words but it doesn't look that awesome on a whole line of text. Obviously the guy wants to match so you're probably stuck with it unless you can give him a couple other better options and tell him you were concerned with long range readability. 

Plumber text.png

The "M" blends in to the water droplets enough to make it difficult to read.

If it were me, I would try and trim the "M" out a bit more giving a transparent space between the M and water droplets.

I also agree with goose, if you got a bit of time, show him a couple of better options, and explain why.

Who knows if you improve it, you could get a business card deal out of it!

They wouldn't accept bust? "Rust and bust" has a better ring to it.

Or even, "Things rust and bust, don't wait 'til you must. Call the plumber you can trust"

• Like 1

I agree with goose too. I have a customer who order banner for their restaurant every season. They give me a general idea what they want and I do it a couple of different ways. and they thank me for it.