busterbay

- Cutting - BUG -

OK I "lodged" a ticket over a month ago, I had several email conversations with a tech and I still have not gotten any satisfactory resolution.

I was given a download link however that did not address the problem. The software doesn't cut what you see on the screen, it wastes material.

The software flips the objects and if there is Nothing at the top it advances all of that amount, and it doesn't actually cut absolute it moves the objects to the bottom of the vinyl ( actually top since it flips the objects) .

Plain and simple the software should cut as designed. I designed the extra space for a reason not for the software to rearrange. 

I  have had my cutter for 6 months and I have yet been able to use the software to cut with because of this flaw.

When is an update / fix going to be released ?

1.jpg

I realize this is not a true fix but can't you just draw a box around the whole thing at the size you want the area and/or rotate the design so it comes out the way you intended? 

• Like 1

From the screen shots you posted it is cutting absolute, the catch is the bottom right of the preview screen is your 0,0 point and on your design screen, the 0,0 point is the top left. If the cutter preview image was rotated 180 degree things would like up and you'd cut what you see.

Personally I'd turn off the absolute position and just position the cutter head to start where you want.

Something is up with your settings.  

I've been using VM for a long time and I've never had it flip upside down like that.   

What cutter do you have?

This issue relates to an older build and does not effect many users. 

We have also improved the next build to provide a WYSIWYG solution and it will roll out with many other improvements once it has been thoroughly tested and signed off.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.