wickedstangs

SignBlazer Elements / Alternative Software?

All, I am attached to using SignBlazer Elements and love it.  but, I really wish there was a full version, I have a lot of grey out items....  which other software do you recommend for a replacement / alternative software?

SignBlazer 6.0 Basic  how can I get an updated one?

My friend, you simply cannot get any updates or improvements to SBE.
 It is "ABANDONWARE" which means it is no longer supporterd or being improved -- the developer, Jerry Bonham, passed away years ago and all work on the program ceased at that point.

You can pay $50 and obtain VinylMaster from USCUTTER, which is a great cutting/designing application, and there is ample support (including in these Forums, as they pay attention to the VM thread and reply accordingly).

Just out of curiosity, what item of the SB greyed-out features are you especially interested in?

On 10/1/2016 at 9:44 AM, slice&dice said:

My friend, you simply cannot get any updates or improvements to SBE.
 It is "ABANDONWARE" which means it is no longer supporterd or being improved -- the developer, Jerry Bonham, passed away years ago and all work on the program ceased at that point.

You can pay $50 and obtain VinylMaster from USCUTTER, which is a great cutting/designing application, and there is ample support (including in these Forums, as they pay attention to the VM thread and reply accordingly).

Just out of curiosity, what item of the SB greyed-out features are you especially interested in?

On 10/1/2016 at 9:44 AM, slice&dice said:

Some are the text functions.. I just like the way SBE is very user friendly.. I have VinylMaster LTR but, have not come around to using it much...

text.png

OK,  here's a suggestion ----   check the HELP menu and there is an item in there called HotShot Demo (red lips icon).  This should open the "PRO" level of SignBlazer which contains most of the "greyed" features.
Create text-to-path (instructions in the HELP contents) and then copy-paste into your regular SBE.  --  Exporting is disabled in the Demo.

• Like 1