Hey y'all,

My name is Sarah, and I've been cutting with the MH871-MK2 for about 1.5 years now. I love it, I really do, and it's done awesome work for me. I do vinyl decals, etc., for business and personal use, and it's never let me down once I figured it out! Until recently... I added heat transfer vinyl to my business for t-shirts and things of that ilk. I did a couple large designs, and my cutter did as expected, but when I try to do smaller things, especially letters, it literally chews them up. Edges don't meet, shapes are skewed, and the letters end up looking terrible. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm using Jet Pro Soft Stretch, so I know the vinyl is not a poor or low quality... And I've tried every combination of force, overcut, velocity, everything that I can think of. I would really appreciate ANY help at all, and suggestions, anything!! I'm at a loss for what to do...

Thanks in advance, 

Sarah

jpss is a print media not meant to be cut so a little lost on that - if you was looking at that problem with htv I would check my offset to make sure the corners are square in the test cut, make sure you are making your text using you vector software and not trying to "trace: it -   as far as edges not meeting if it is at the end than I would add to the "overcut" if your sofware has that feature to overcome the limitations of the coarse stepper motor the mh has.  as far as "chewing the vinyl that is usually too much blade exposure by people that use the 1/2 a credit card thing that is 10 times too much blade

• Like 1

So sorry, totally wrong vinyl mentioned there... brain frustration fart. Using Fibron heat transefer. I am making my text, not tracing it, check.. When I do my test cut on regular vinyl, it's meeting up correctly. When I do it on the Fibron, the very last edge of the design does not meet, and the edges are almost rounded (test cut is a star), so that sounds like need to add overcut??. I didn't know there was a credit card thing, lol, so haven't done that, always just keep it so the blade edge is just visible.. thaaaaaank you so much, I've been so frustrated and just venting helps :D

if the star points are rounded then the offset is not correct - change a .05 one way and try if better keep going if not go the other way -.05 etc till the points are sharp and not hooked

I'm a girl... and I don't know what gender you are... and frankly don't care.

I love you.

Hahaha!! But really, thank you sooo very much, I will definitely try that.

Okay, so... I changed the overcut, I got the test printing correctly.. and still no good on the letters. On the skinny parts of the letters, especially the letter "D", it cuts the top and bottom lines into nothing...so it looks like a "l" and a backwards C... I don't know what to do, I want to hit things. Grrr.

next thing to check on the mh is check the knurled rollers to make sure the set screws holding them to the shaft is tight - they have been know to come loose, then check the part that holds the blade holder for cracks.  after that if you are the original owner I would call support tomorrow

If you can post a pic of what things look like it may help diagnose the issue. 

From what I am reading you say it cuts regular vinyl ok but is having issues with HTV? Sounds like blade drag maybe. You may have already done so but a fresh blade may help. Pressure on most HTV is similar to calendared vinyl but I haven't used Fibron. I have seen where HTV carrier since it is more of a plastic, will stretch a little and bunch up while cutting if you don't have a sharp blade and the correct pressure. 

I don't know what a knurled roller is... is that what holds the vinyl in place? I checked the blade holder, couldn't find any cracks there. And yes, it does fine on regular vinyl, but the HTV it just seems to go wonky. I've tried lessening the pressure ( recommended by HTV site was 50g, but no.. Definitely not) and then it just skips across the vinyl, making what looks like dotted lines. I just bought new blades and installed. Adding a pic to show you guys results.

picture027.jpg

strange in 6 places I see an offset issue and in about 3 others it looks right - 

the knurled roller is what the pressure rollers pinch the vinyl against - they are on the bottom of your plotter and I believe have at least one set screw that hold them to the rod that turns - again I would contact support while they are open if you are the original owner and can get the free support and troubleshooting

Oh, okay, I know what you're talking about now. This is why I'm so irritated, it seems to work perfectly in some areas, and then go crazy on others! I'm not the original owner, I actually bought it used on a whim a couple years ago, and now use it daily. I check those screws, though, and see if that could be it. Thank you again

Just a shot in the dark. Does your MH have the dual holder, one for a pin and one for a blade? If so, are you using the correct position for the blade? Don't know why it would work with one type of vinyl and not the other though.

Capture.PNG

No, mine just just has the single holder spot. Lol, I really wish it was that though! @Dakotagrafx Where are the screws located, do you know?? I see what looks like allenheads on the actual bar itself, is that what you're referring to?

That really didn't make any sense... When I roll them with my fingers, they rotate, but they do not move other than that

this post shows the knurled rollers and you can just see the holes on the end where the set screws are at

lol, okay, soooooo... I finally got my brain connected to the rest of my body today.. I was frustrated and aggravated and nothing I was doing was working.. So I said F it and reset everything to default........

VOILA!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help!!

• Like 1