Sign in to follow this  
CarolinaTraffic

Bronze Lettering

Recently a customer asked me to install bronze lettering on a wall out in front of a new community in town.  I have looked online and found several places like impactsigns.com and woodlandmanufacturing.com  that will make the letters for you.  I remembered that a few of you guys had installed similar lettering before and was hoping you could offer some guidance as to the best place to get the letters or any installation tips that might be helpful.  Also, the customer asked for an arrow to go below some existing lettering and I haven't seen symbols as options on the sites I mentioned.

I'm looking for 5" tall 1/2" thick brushed finish bronze lettering in times new roman font that will be installed offset from the wall by maybe 1/2" or so

mabscotthandyman (Dan) I think used gemini for lettering -  not sure on bronze but I know he installed a lot of that type of lettering

• Like 1

I find it helps to cut a slightly inline'd decal to act as a placement template to leave under the lettering. I've put physically cut lettering on a wall using double sided mounting tape, and it speeds things up a lot. I imagine it also will aid in removal once its time. This was of course done on an internal wall. 

For outside installation, a decal may not work, depending on the substrate. It might make sense to use a stencil and temporary marking paint.