Taylor

Transfer Tape Help!!

Was wondering what transfer tape everyone is using??  I've got two different ones I ordered (not sure of the names) but one of them is super tacky and when applying the vinyl it wants to pull the vinyl off and then the other I can't hard get it to even stick to the paper.  Saw someone using a transfer tape that had small holes in it to help prevent bubbling and it seemed to be perfect tacky also.  Just wondering what you guys use.  Thanks

4076 rla here - the bubbles are from application techinque.  newbies quite often use the wet technique to help with that till they get better at working it down slowly from one side to the other. using an application fluid keeps the adhesive from grabbing until you can work the air and fluid out reducing you chance of bubbles - when I use it I use rapid tac but after many years of practice hardly use it at all

I like most of the RLA varieties. Also recently tried out some of the Transferrite Ultra tacky with good results. If the substrate is good like a piece of signboard or a vehicle then I prefer a really high tack. If the substrate is suspect like a craft board or a wall then I go with so,thing a little less tacky to help get the tape off. You may find that you end up stocking several types for various situations. 

• Like 1

I use the Greenstar trans tape on my 651,751 . If you keep the transtaped design on hand for over 1 1/2 weeks or more the edge may try to lift a tiny bit but it never causes any problems ever. otherwise i will just apply a small piece of tape on the edge to keep it from lifting. other than that , it works perfect for installs etc..I have ZERO Complaints tho in it..http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Layflat-Classic-Transfer-Tape-Medium-Tack-Assorted-Widths

I too still use Greenstar medium tack tape for my regular vinyl. If its layered multicolor I either use the Greenstar still or Rtape clear....depending whats within reach really.

• Like 1