iwbc

Cut preview doesn't match actual cut

Recommended Posts

Not at all happy with this software.  What the cut preview shows doesn't match in any way, shape or form as to how it actually cuts the material.  That's not a problem if it's an uncut sheet but, if the sheet already has something cut out and you want to cut something else, good luck trying to guess where the second cut will end up on the sheet.  It mirrors when mirror isn't selected, places items next to the edge even though Absolute Position is selected.  Who knows what else.  What it looks like on the design screen, the cut preview screen and how it get cut can be three entirely different things.  All I know is the P.O.S. software just destroyed a large piece of chrome car wrap and now I don't have time to get more before the project is due.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Future Support

If it is mirroring when it is not selected, it will most likely be a setting on the plotter that is causing the problem. 
When you cut a file from the Vinyl Spooler, what you see on the preview screen should exactly match what comes out of the cutter. Some cutters have a setting that allows you to set a rotation on the cutter, which may be what is causing the problem. 

The quickest way to help you get the problem resolved is to create a support ticket, and have a technician assist you in making sure everything is set correctly (both on the software and the plotter) to ensure predictable cutting results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is EXACTLY what I have been complaining about, I put in a ticket also and it still has not been addressed I was told I would get an answer over a week ago.

I am attaching an image of what it does.

Plain and simple when we hit cut we should get the same thing we see on our screen and we do not.

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest VinylMaster Support

This appears to be a feature requested by several people, so we are adding in the ability in the software to do just what you are talking about.
(See attached pictures).

While we are waiting on the completion of a few other improvements to the program before locking in this update, if you lodge another support ticket at  http://future.support  we will send you a link for you to test with your cutter to ensure it is allowing you to work in the way you wish to send files to the cutter.

 

newspoolerWSIWG.png

artworktocut.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:10 PM, busterbay said:

This is EXACTLY what I have been complaining about, I put in a ticket also and it still has not been addressed I was told I would get an answer over a week ago.

I am attaching an image of what it does.

Plain and simple when we hit cut we should get the same thing we see on our screen and we do not.

Untitled-1.jpg

Till they make the software change, you just need to change your thinking in the way you look at the image. In your design space, the left edge is the bottom. Rotate your design in your design space with that in mind and it will come out on the plotter they way you want. Or change the way you think of top and bottom on the cutter. Personally I think the cutter preview image shown should be rotated to the right 90 degrees. The height of your design space would then be the width of the vinyl and the width of your design space would be the length of vinyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2016 at 4:56 AM, Guest VinylMaster Support said:

This appears to be a feature requested by several people, so we are adding in the ability in the software to do just what you are talking about.
(See attached pictures).

While we are waiting on the completion of a few other improvements to the program before locking in this update, if you lodge another support ticket at  http://future.support  we will send you a link for you to test with your cutter to ensure it is allowing you to work in the way you wish to send files to the cutter.

 

newspoolerWSIWG.png

artworktocut.png

So are you going to post a public link so all of us do not have to put in a ticket to get the upgrade ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 2:21 AM, Trooper_vinyl_solutions said:

I keep having this issue! Messed up some major vinyl!!! I am running V4. Just recently got my cutter and software. Soooooo mad! 

USCutter used to supply Sure Cuts alot Pro.with all of their machines people complained about I'm not sure if that's why they swapped out or they got a better price from VM.  But it is really good basic cutting software and it gets the job done without any of the issues VM has. It is a true WYSIWYG cutting program there is no Fluff you will need corel or similar to make complex designs. Or save your VM designs as a PDF and import them into SCALP.

I use SCALP in a production environment on 4 cutters with no issues. USCutter used to offer it on their site if not you can buy a copy at www.craftedge.com 

And to the haters don't bother responding to me about VM, SCALP works and it works well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand this problem. I don't use the program but from what I gather it does cut what is on the screen, just the bottom of the screen is not the side on the cutter you think it is. Once you get that straight in your mind it'll all come out just fine. The problem here is, who decides which side of the plotter is the bottom? Is it the width of the vinyl, or the length, if it's the length is it the left side or the right side? Any option works equally well, some like one way, some like another. The programs picked one and it's just not the one you would of picked.

 

As in the example posted above, the bottom left of the screen, is the 0 point on the cutter, moving up on the screen moves the cutter across the width of the vinyl and moving side to side rolls/unrolls the vinyl. So if you just visualize your preview screen rotated to the right 90 degrees it'll match up with what is on your screen. And that would be the quick and simple fix for the programmers, just rotate the entire preview screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I don't understand this problem. I don't use the program but from what I gather it does cut what is on the screen, just the bottom of the screen is not the side on the cutter you think it is. Once you get that straight in your mind it'll all come out just fine. The problem here is, who decides which side of the plotter is the bottom? Is it the width of the vinyl, or the length, if it's the length is it the left side or the right side? Any option works equally well, some like one way, some like another. The programs picked one and it's just not the one you would of picked.

 

As in the example posted above, the bottom left of the screen, is the 0 point on the cutter, moving up on the screen moves the cutter across the width of the vinyl and moving side to side rolls/unrolls the vinyl. So if you just visualize your preview screen rotated to the right 90 degrees it'll match up with what is on your screen. And that would be the quick and simple fix for the programmers, just rotate the entire preview screen.

 I don't use it either as I got tired of wasting vinyl. There are several versions of the program that were shipped all behave differently when they cut, and it doesn't auto upgrade as VM suggests .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Guest VinylMaster Support said:

This thread is quite old, and based on user feedback, the cutting preview was changed to do exactly what the original poster requested.

If anyone has an older version of the software that does not have this updated feature in it, they can download and run this update:

http://iifuture.net/downloads/usc/Update_VMUSC_2016_12_15.exe

 

Where do I find the update for the Titan ? this is the SC update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...