Sign in to follow this  
PercyGA

Windows 10

Hi just a straight question! When will there be an official Windows 10 driver for my MH 721 or will it never happen. I have tried all the suggestions on this site! Yes it works as a cutter in sure cuts a lot etc! But I need it to be available for other programs. It does not show under printers.

May be my memory is going but in windows 7 an8 It would be available in other programs to use it for drawings etc using the pen of course.

My first question is still unanswered when will we get Windows 10 drivers? Thanks so far

I believe the same driver is used for all the windows versions - just checked support and it only shows one but set up guide is different for the different windows - the "driver" will be the chipset driver for the internal FTDI usb to serial conversion as the value cutters mainboards really use a serial communication and a parralel "emulation chipset" to convert for the usb port on the side - the main reason a lot of people go with the tripplite keyspan for a more stable usb to serial conversion.

I don't believe the MH will communicate with other programs other than vector based cutting software that support it - it is the very basic of the plotters.

also keep in mind you are asking on a user forum that USC actually hardly ever visits except for new product announcements so to get a quick answer from them you would have to call support during business hours