Lovely Littles

SC Cutter Stopped in Middle of Cut, No Communication, USB or Motherboard Issue?

Have had this SC Cutter for a year.  Use it every week, very familiar with it.  Using SCALP 3.  Mac.  Drivers and everything been working fine for a year.

Today in the middle of cutting a design, it totally stopped cutting.  SCALP kept transmitting data to it, and eventually finished transmitting the entire design, but the SC just sat there, not cutting, just totally stopped in the middle of cutting a design.  Did not say an error or anything.  I hit the reset button on the SC and it did reset and the carriage moved and rollers worked.  I restarted EVERYTHING, changed out USB cords, even changed to another Mac with a demo license of SCALP and the drivers installed and nothing happened.  On the SC I pushed the button in the menu to "Test" and it did actually cut a square with an X in it.  SOOOOOO...

I am assuming that there is an issue in the USB board or the motherboard?  Something just went kaput in communications between SCALP on my mac, and the SC.  Any ideas?  I have orders I need to get shipped out ASAP so I think I'm going to order a spare SC right now to get up and running again, while opening a support ticket for this SC (hopefully its covered/free???).

Thanks for any help!

- Drew

So did it start working again? SC's (all your value cutters) have a limited memory. A design too detailed will start to cut and just lock up once its filled the memory. I had it run a cut line through a whole role of vinyl once....right up the middle. basically ruined the whole role and became my split roll for little stuff in that color lol

I'm having the same problem with mine.  When I first got the cutter, it worked great and would cut many duplicates of fairly intricate designs, though I could find the limit.  Tonight, I tried to send simple (but curvy) text with 7 duplicates and it got halfway through the 4th decal and stopped.  I really feel like there is a deteriorating memory issue on this machine.  While I am surprised to hear about the "static" issue, I will try to add a ground strap to mine and see if it makes a difference, but I still don't see why this memory issue seems to get worse with time, static or not.

I had great success with static spray. When I had my P-Cut it was susceptible to static and would glitch out like you describe. I bought a can of this stuff for a few bucks and would hose down the area behind and around my cutter and most of my issues went away. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 9.34.22 PM.png

You said you are using USB.... do you also have a Tripp Lite keyspan adapter hooked up to it?