Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

curved monitor

has anyone on here worked with graphics on a curved monitor like the dell se2716h?  curious if there are distortions added or if the curve is so insignificant that it doesn't matter.  trying to find a display as big as possible that fits in a 24.5" wide area and this one intrigues me.  

I moved the design computer back to it's rightful place after finally getting the carpet in (waited a month) and had it temporarily on a 32" tv/monitor and the one in the desk now looks sooooooo tiny.  the curved one would be somewhere in between but as big as I can fit in our roll top desk that stacey and I both love.  that is about the only thing we find limiting is the 24.5" wide area - this monitor is like 24.3" wide

5 hours ago, mfatty500 said:

My HP Pavilion 27xi is exactly 24.5" wide x 18" high

brought home a hp 27xw tonight and it just slides in scraping each side - a little softer than the LG image of the one I have had a few months but that isn't necessarily a bad thing - the LG was too crisp- like hash

The curved monitors are graphically pretty nice, and do not have much distortion at all, because the curvature is somewhat minimal. What a lot of them do have is IPS glow that makes the blacks look gray and hazy. That's something I noticed with several models at the micocenter. It is perhaps magnified because of the curve, but I couldn't help but be distracted by it.

• Like 1