AmericanWarriorDecals

Layering 4 layers and bubbles

Gonna post this here before I go and pick up parchment paper and try the trick I saw here. I've always had this problem with bubbling around an areas where I place the text and in general. Doesn't seem to matter how slow or precise I go. Any tips or tricks?

ive been trying to line up the reg marks (im

now using  at-75 app tape) but always seem to slightly offset them.  Also the curve in the backing always seem to be an issue. It all looks good at first, until I look closer after its done and see that.  There were 4 decal attempts to get this one which isn't even good. I'm kinda going crazy here  I will be ordering oracal 751 since its for a motorcycle helmet and I want it to be easier to apply for my customer  the 651 I got to work  but with ally of effort to get it on as a test  

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The parchment trick will help you. I have started using the clear backing off some types of vinyl which even works better. 

Some of your alignment issues are possibly cutter related. I noticed a HUGE improvement in my work after upgrading to a high end cutter. I wasn't aware of how much difference there were between individual layers of some of the work and my new cutter made them much more accurately. It shows up on this type of thing when there is very little clearance between color layers. Definitely a good idea to layer them before install on any kind of curved surface so I think you're going about it the best way possible. 

Is there a solid yellow piece under the maroon or just the numbers? Have you tried cutting the maroon piece solid and layering the yellow on top?

Any time I do a multi-layer design, I apply with soap and water and squeegee out... My husband does window tint, and that's the big "secret" to getting no bubbles in that. When I applied it to my vinyl designs, especially the layered ones, it makes a huge difference

Haven't followed up here, sorry.  Each color was a different solid layer so yellow bottom, then white, then maroon, then yellow again.  I was having issues with the 651 on the helmet anyway and just farmed the job off to another local company and had it printed on auto wrap vinyl since they were more capable. 

I have adopted the parchment paper trick since researching and it has been a game changer.  So much easier for me.  Thank you all for the input.  These were just going to be sent to a buddy of mine as I don't typically do installs.  Thank you again!