Sign in to follow this  
Exnuns

LaserPoint2 cut problem

The blade seems to lag whenever it first tries to start a cut and then drops blade about halfway through cutting missing the first parts.

get a cheap windows desktop someone is dumping - cutters don't require much processing power.  2 or so years back we did have one member with a similar problem and I can't recall if it was a carriage or even a screw too tight in the carriage causing some sticking  - I would try moving the carriage arm with the machine off and see if I felt any resistance for that one.

Everything seems to feel how I would expect it to. Here is a video of it. I would really like to not have to buy something else only to find out that it still doesn't work. I have tried everything except buying a Windows laptop. So I will borrow one from someone hopefully tomorrow and update again. 

IMG_5555.MOV

The only reason I don't think it is the carriage is because it doesn't have the problem on everything only on a couple parts of a much larger whole.

Not related to your problem but you have about 10 times too much blade out. Your blade holder should almost touch the vinyl when it's cutting.

I don't know that the windows comp will fix it but you have to start narrowing down the possible problems. Not having gotten your mac to cut and from what it sounds you have already talked to SignCut support. My gut still screams driver issues or possible connection issues but your keyspan should have helped eliminate one. Just not 100% that Mac is liking the keyspan either. The fact that it's cutting at all says you are at least connected to the cutter. The missing parts tends to be bad info making it over there either though your mac driver or your connection cable. Windows is a little less (OK a LOT less) finicky. Borrow someones laptop if you must. 

The issue may be the carriage arm. It is a spring that should bounce back up between cuts. We tested it while it was off and it stayed in a down position. USCutter is sending a new cutter to us. We have to ship back the one we have and when they receive it they will send us a new one. They are covering shipping. Let's hope that it is as "simple" as they're making it seem. 

• Like 2