I have vinylmaster cut which does not arc text. For my plasma cutting I have always used deskengrave which exports as a .dxf. I can get it in vinylmaster with no problem, but when it cuts it does it in a "pecking" type fashion.

what am I doing wrong here? or is it just not compatible?

Thanks

DXF is made of line segments. The cutter will drop the blade at the start of each segment and raise it at the end of the segment and repeat for the remaining segments. You would need a way to join the segments. 

1 minute ago, VinylMaster said:

If you can export in AI V8 this will resolve that issue.

deskengrave will only export in .dxf

Can you please PM us as we cannot see a ticket relating to this issue. Also, the issue does not relate to the level of the software so upgrading will not resolve it. We need to see the file. Thanks

49 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

Can you please PM us as we cannot see a ticket relating to this issue. Also, the issue does not relate to the level of the software so upgrading will not resolve it. We need to see the file. Thanks

taxt #11409

it's not just deskengrave. it does it on this .dxf too the wife said.  I do not have the file from deskengrave but here is another .dxf it does the pecking to

Buck doe heart.dxf

As a work around, you might try opening the file in another program that can save the file off as an eps or something VM can use. Inkscape is free and should be able to do this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kbenz said:

found a way around it.  exported as .bmp then imported and vectorized :)

You are loosing all your accuracy doing a vectorization on that design. I'd keep looking for a better solution. I am an Adobe Illustrator guy for design work and actually have a plug-in I bought called Concatenate that welds all these lines together. I used to do some conversion work for a guy with lots of dxf files and found it to be an easy way to convert them for him. There is possibly some sort of option out there for other software too. 

it worked in a pinch as I'm still waiting to hear back from the support tickets I sent in

Support has responded to this, and a DXF issue has since been identified and corrected. These changes and others will be applied to the next update due out shortly. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.